• sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Very nice, my personal favorite is the first one clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • CraisLoverCraisLover Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 18, 2006
    Turbulance
    The first one is may fave too. Looks so spontanious and fun. Just what we need for this hot, hot weather! Laughing.gifclap.gif):
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Personally I like the second one. But if you go for the first one you might want to crop it a little on the right hand side, so there's not so much "empty" space & so it draws the eye further into the pic to the 2 main characters. My 2p's worth mwink.gif
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • gymshotsgymshots Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    vangogh wrote:
    Personally I like the second one. But if you go for the first one you might want to crop it a little on the right hand side, so there's not so much "empty" space & so it draws the eye further into the pic to the 2 main characters. My 2p's worth mwink.gif

that's a really good idea! I see what you mean about the empty space. thanks for the comment.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    I agree with Nicola.
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    i like the first better and also agree with the cropping. also a little bit of levels tweaking will make the image pop. oh and a white border :D
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination
    edited July 19, 2006
    athos wrote:
    i like the first better and also agree with the cropping. also a little bit of levels tweaking will make the image pop. oh and a white border :D
    I can add a white border in smugmug when I post the picture in thread??? or is this something I have to do before I load the picture to smugmug?

also, someone pointed out they found the foot of the child on the left to be distracting, and suggested along with the tighter cropping that I patch out his foot so all you see is the two faces of the children playing in the surf.

do you agree?

thanks
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 19, 2006
    Try cloning the foot out. It might clean that up a bit. Should be simple given the froth.
  • athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    you have to add the border. in photoshop just goto image>canvas size> then make sure the box by RELATIVE is clicked. pick a size, anywhere from like .5 to 2 inches dependin on how big a border you like, pick the color in the dropdown box.

bam.

you are done.
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination
    edited July 22, 2006
    athos wrote:
    you have to add the border. in photoshop just goto image>canvas size> then make sure the box by RELATIVE is clicked. pick a size, anywhere from like .5 to 2 inches dependin on how big a border you like, pick the color in the dropdown box.

bam.

you are done.
    thanks!! :):