Options

top Ten Monthly Popular Image Report...

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited November 19, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I noticed that you guys have a listing of the last image count of the month. It would be nice if as an extension, the 10 most popular of each image size conversion showed up on the page as well. In addition to that, it would be nice if you can pick 10 people or more whose Top 10 image conversions are generated in a link from your main page that shows up for the previous month.

It would be nice to be able to sort images by Camera and State/Country too.

MainFragger

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    I noticed that you guys have a listing of the last image count of the month. It would be nice if as an extension, the 10 most popular of each image size conversion showed up on the page as well. In addition to that, it would be nice if you can pick 10 people or more whose Top 10 image conversions are generated in a link from your main page that shows up for the previous month.

It would be nice to be able to sort images by Camera and State/Country too.

MainFragger

Unfortunately, I'm embarassed to say I didn't really understand the question. Are you talking about the "conversion ratio" on the stats page (a rough guess at how many people went from looking at a thumbnail to looking at a Medium or Large?). Or something else, like a "sales conversion" (how many images, when looked at, generated purchases?).

I'm afraid if it's "conversion ratio", that that number is not very indicative for lots of people. Many people link their photos directly to Medium or Large in their message forum posts, blogs, personal webpages, etc, so that sends the "conversion ratio" percentage through the rough (hundreds and thousands of percentages).

If it's "sales conversions", that's something we'd have to think about. I'm not sure it would be easily possible, so no promises, but it might be. I'm not entirely sure what the value is, though?

Finally, I'm not sure how we can sort by State/Country. We've been hoping people would be getting GPS-enabled cameras for awhile, so we could geographically map images, but thus far, we haven't really seen any. I'm not sure how I'd get State/Country information without it... Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Don
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    Well...
    onethumb wrote:
    Unfortunately, I'm embarassed to say I didn't really understand the question. Are you talking about the "conversion ratio" on the stats page (a rough guess at how many people went from looking at a thumbnail to looking at a Medium or Large?). Or something else, like a "sales conversion" (how many images, when looked at, generated purchases?).

I'm afraid if it's "conversion ratio", that that number is not very indicative for lots of people. Many people link their photos directly to Medium or Large in their message forum posts, blogs, personal webpages, etc, so that sends the "conversion ratio" percentage through the rough (hundreds and thousands of percentages).

If it's "sales conversions", that's something we'd have to think about. I'm not sure it would be easily possible, so no promises, but it might be. I'm not entirely sure what the value is, though?

Finally, I'm not sure how we can sort by State/Country. We've been hoping people would be getting GPS-enabled cameras for awhile, so we could geographically map images, but thus far, we haven't really seen any. I'm not sure how I'd get State/Country information without it... Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Don
    I was thinking of conversion ratio. The only point would be to show the 10 most populary conversioned images in any gallery, linked from another page or otherwise. And to give others the chance to check out your most popular images and vice versa.

As far as the state..you get that from the users profile, and/or the title of the album.

Also, compared to the search engines I've seen on other sites, that appear right on the front page, the search engine on this site is practically hidden and buried. It'd be nice if you guys make it more obvious and in front.

MainFragger