bug or feature request?

smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited July 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Not sure what is going on here but it seems to be a new problem to me... I have galleries, they are linked to communities. I have co-branding. Why can't I choose to have my galleries be smugmug gradiant, with my co branding and part of a community? It seems like when I set it this way it won't take. Am I making sense? All the galleries I have associated with communities seem to have the smugmug basic layout and the only way I can get the page to show as smugmug gradiant is to turn off my co branding. Is this intentional? Has something changed, was it always this way and I never noticed?

Use this gallery as an example http://smhs-images.smugmug.com/gallery/516006 The only way it displays like I want it to is if I remove the commity association or if I change my appearance from custom to smugmug. Why can't I have custom and community together? And it is my community but I don't see any option for layout in the community settings.
Shawna
www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Not sure what is going on here but it seems to be a new problem to me... I have galleries, they are linked to communities. I have co-branding. Why can't I choose to have my galleries be smugmug gradiant, with my co branding and part of a community? It seems like when I set it this way it won't take. Am I making sense? All the galleries I have associated with communities seem to have the smugmug basic layout and the only way I can get the page to show as smugmug gradiant is to turn off my co branding. Is this intentional? Has something changed, was it always this way and I never noticed?

Use this gallery as an example http://smhs-images.smugmug.com/gallery/516006 The only way it displays like I want it to is if I remove the commity association or if I change my appearance from custom to smugmug. Why can't I have custom and community together? And it is my community but I don't see any option for layout in the community settings.
    Hi Shawna,

This has been discussed in the past quite a bit, and is actually by design. The pages can either be styled 'smugmug' or the way the community owner has set the customization. Hope this helps.

Moved to support.
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Shawna,

This has been discussed in the past quite a bit, and is actually by design. The pages can either be styled 'smugmug' or the way the community owner has set the customization. Hope this helps.

Moved to support.

I had this when I put a couple of my galleries in a new community... I lost my customization... the really ugly part is that even if I view my galleries from MY nickname.smugmug.com, I still can't see my customization. The fact that it is associated with the community trumps. I was able to get the community to change the style option so I was able to keep my galleries there.... probably won't happen on a more established community.
  • smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Shawna,

Moved to support.

Okay, but the problem I have is that I am the community owner and I can't get my own custimization to show in my galleries in my community.

If this is by design can we get it changed??? I absolutely hate it!

If I choose co branding in the community my logo shows up on the top of the community page but the style isn't the same as the one on my home page.

Why does it give me the option

theme: ? SmugMug Gradient choose a look.
    appearance: ?smugmug: custom:if you want your custom look & feel

For theme and custom if when I choose a community it just overrides it anyway. That is misleading.
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!