*Challenge 26: No Place Like Chair

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited November 26, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have the full run of my house. But I like my solitude and my gadgets. So this chair is within arms reach of just about everything I need (besides food and women) out of life:

My DVD Player, My Hi-Def DVD Player, my 23" TV, my XBOX, my 17" LCD TV/Monitor, My Computer, My Laptop, my digital camera, my bed, My tapes/DVD's/Comics/Magazines, My router, my photoprinter, my fax machine, my DSL modem, My DVD Recorder, My High Definition cable box with built in DVR, my USB 2.0 SD card reader, my boom box, and any receipt I need.

P.S. I live in California..yeah, thats it, thats the ticket...(No robbing me!)

Comments

• MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    To satisfy the EXIF rule...
    Since posting at the appropriate size here loses me the EXIF rule, here is a link to the original image, where you can click on the more info link to get the EXIF.

http://mainfragger.smugmug.com/gallery/147920/1/11548826
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    I like the idea of how you see life from your chair. Reminds me of how I see mine. It doesn't look like that, and yet it does, a lot of living going on.:D

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    I would not want a photo of my desk right now, too many paper piles. Your photo shows life as it happens to be at your house. For the challenge I would suggest focusing more as the scene is too busy.
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    edited November 20, 2004
    Nahhhh...
    photocat wrote:
    coffee maker is missing... rolleyes1.gif
    Never touch the foul substance. Water or Milk works for me.
    edited November 20, 2004
    Too busy?
    Sandy wrote:
    I would not want a photo of my desk right now, too many paper piles. Your photo shows life as it happens to be at your house. For the challenge I would suggest focusing more as the scene is too busy.
    Actually, I wish I had a wide angle lens to be able to fit the printer and xbox in, as well as my statues on my shelves.
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    Actually, I wish I had a wide angle lens to be able to fit the printer and xbox in, as well as my statues on my shelves.
    I think it captures the essense of "life from my chair", but I tend to agree...it is quite busy and really doesn't grab me as a photo.
  • miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2004
    I have to agree as well that it doesnt realy grab me at this angle.. Mabye another angle would work better though. ne_nau.gif
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2004
    I would like to see the chair. ne_nau.gif

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited November 25, 2004
    The chair is...
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I would like to see the chair. ne_nau.gif

ginger
    right next to the computer and the green cables in the lower left hand corner of the picture. It almost blends in with the computer because they are both black.

I am considering a different angle, but truthfully, I don't really have room in my room for a different angle. I've got about 20 years of stuff in my room that have enveloped the entire basement, garage, under my bed, closets and drawers, and side of my bed. I think I even have a lost Indiana Jones in here somewhere..

MainFragger
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    but it does show what you tried to show---- art is in it's display P.S. I live in California..yeah, that's it, that's the ticket...(No robbing me!)what does this mean i have lived in calif all of my 60 years and ?????
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
    edited November 26, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    but it does show what you tried to show---- art is in it's display P.S. I live in California..yeah, that's it, that's the ticket...(No robbing me!)what does this mean i have lived in calif all of my 60 years and ?????

Yeah. I am not totally satisfied with the picture myself..but certain limitations keep me from really being able to do anything to make it any better.

I obviously don't live in California if you look at my user info. My point was jokingly to throw in a red herring so that anyone intending to rob me of my electronics would be on the opposite side of the country from where the electronics actually are. Hence, they wouldn't be able to rob me from there.

MainFragger
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    Yeah. I am not totally satisfied with the picture myself..but certain limitations keep me from really being able to do anything to make it any better.

I obviously don't live in California if you look at my user info. My point was jokingly to throw in a red herring so that anyone intending to rob me of my electronics would be on the opposite side of the country from where the electronics actually are. Hence, they wouldn't be able to rob me from there.

MainFragger
    got it ! did not read bio that would have made the humor, you see in calif. we are very slow .bowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/