ground sniffing bulls...

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited July 25, 2006 in Sports
lets try this to see if we turn up anything...

81921407-M.jpg

new rodeo event reverse bareback riding ..

81921443-M.jpg

he had a tough time getting turned around like this see the rest in the series,,
http://AllensPhoto.smugmug.com/photos/81921446-M.jpg
http://AllensPhoto.smugmug.com/photos/81921441-M.jpg
http://AllensPhoto.smugmug.com/photos/81921442-M.jpg
thanks for looking C&C welcome..

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 20, 2006
    changed pictures...
    to see if it sparked a responce
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    Wow. That's pretty intense! Love that second one!
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
    edited July 21, 2006
    thanks.. the series showing how he got that way is pretty intense it's self...
    edited July 24, 2006
    Very impressive
    Both the posted shots are very impressive - did the first cowboy stay on? (I'd guess it wouldn't get a score since he had both hands on the rigging, it looks like, but sometimes you see them stay on)

The second one + sequence are amazing. Again, how did they score that ride? I'm guessing, since he at one point had both legs on one side, he couldn't get a score, but he sure should have gotten points for something! Amazing athletic effort by both rider & horse.

Great that you got that whole sequence. Excellent quality & Really enjoyed seeing it.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    The second one is great ... is this like diving where points are dependant upon difficulty? Or is that cowboy so good that he's decided to perform backwards ... anybody can ride a bronc forwards ...

On the second shot ... it's tilting a bit on to the right and I would get rid of the guy with the video camera, a spot of burning in on the hot areas ... and your great shot is just a bit better.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
    edited July 24, 2006
    KaMo wrote:
    The second one + sequence are amazing. Again, how did they score that ride? I'm guessing, since he at one point had both legs on one side, he couldn't get a score

thanks for looking ..and the nice words..
    Actually after some debate among the judges and a quick look at the stop watch they did award him a score...
    edited July 24, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    The second one is great ... is this like diving where points are dependant upon difficulty?

thanks for the kind words.. in this event the animal get up to 50 points for bucking and difullicty to ride ,then the cowboy get up to 50 for the ability to stay on for 8 sec. only thing he can't do in(during) the ride is touch the animal with both hands...
    wrote:
    On the second shot ... it's tilting a bit on to the right and I would get rid of the guy with the video camera, a spot of burning in on the hot areas ... and your great shot is just a bit better.
    I am afraid i am still new in the post processing area . burning in the hot areas ?headscratch.gif what do i need to do .. is there a burning tool ? and what(or where) are my hot spots ... ? other than the top of my head that day .. temp was about 100* F no breeze..lol
    I am looking forward to your help...
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Yeah ... it looks like a hot day. What post processing program do you use? Each program is a bit different from others. Firstly the titling ... gotta take back that your shot was tilting to the right. It's the angle of the shot causing the railing and benches to be higher on the left than the right ... a closer look at your vertical lines show them to be square/plumb to the ground ... but, if the shot was tilting, most/all post processing programs have a rotation tool for straighting out the horizon.

Now, on to burning-in. In PS for exapmle, the burning tool is the brush and it is fully adjustable, (size of area to be darkened, amount of darkening to be applied per occassion, et cetera). Typically, the tool is round/circular in shape and when activated it will darken the area within the circle. I would darken (to varring degrees) the cowboy's hand, lower back, bronc's neck, the white railing, the bleachers and a touch on the dust under the horse.

Set the darkening to a low percentage (5%) and make several passes until the desired amount of darkening is attained.

Remember that the eye is attracked to white (bright areas). If, for example, the corners are brighter than your principal center of focus, then the eyes will be pulled away from the focus of the photo to the corners. Burning-in, can help highlight the principal center of focus by selectively darkening areas of secondary importance.

Also remember that burning-in is just one of many ways to darken a selected area of the photo.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
    edited July 25, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    What post processing program do you use? Now, on to burning-in. In PS for exapmle, the burning tool is the brush and it is fully adjustable, (size of area to be darkened, amount of darkening to be applied per occassion, et cetera). Typically, the tool is round/circular in shape and when activated it will darken the area within the circle. I would darken (to varring degrees) the cowboy's hand, lower back, bronc's neck, the white railing, the bleachers and a touch on the dust under the horse.

Set the darkening to a low percentage (5%) and make several passes until the desired amount of darkening is attained.
    I use paint shop pro x .. it has a burning-in tool i found it ,, so it's for the areas they call blown out ? funny the naming of the tool... but i guess if you burn it, it get darker...thanks for all the help .. i am on my way to my desk top to try it ...
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    new rodeo event reverse bareback riding ...

81921443-M.jpg
    Thanks for the explanation. Silly me! I thought it was the horse that was facing the wrong way!

But also among your excellent shots, I would appreciate your explanation of this event which is also unfamiliar to me -

81921441-M.jpg