DailyPhotos invited me to go away

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited July 19, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have been posting and inserting photos in a gallery which belonged to DailyPhotos.
The owner invited me to go away.
And so I did.
Can he do this ?
And if I stayed ?
What could happen ?
I will not do so because there are so many interesting communities taht it's difficult to choose from ...
Obrigado. :thumb
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    I have been posting and inserting photos in a gallery which belonged to DailyPhotos.
    And so I did.
    Can he do this ?
    And if I stayed ?
    What could happen ?
    I will not do so because there are so many interesting communities taht it's difficult to choose from ...
    Obrigado. thumb.gif
    Daily Photos on SmugMug? I see you are a member of this community?

http://www.smugmug.com/community/DailyPhotos
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Daily Photos on SmugMug? I see you are a member of this community?

http://www.smugmug.com/community/DailyPhotos

Yes. I am still there but I've been asked to go away because of the photos I was posting at:
    http://www.antoniocorreia.com/gallery/1587711
    Something like: the photos I was posting were too old and that was against the rules ... eek7.gif
    I am still there on another gallery. I have to go and look to go out.
    I erased the mail he sent me ...
    I was rather furious/sad ... headscratch.gif
    thumb.gif
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    I simply asked to remove the gallery that didn't seem to fit the Daily Photo topic. The gallery contained about 6 pictures with at least 2 of them having EXIF dates and watermarks of the year 2003 and 2004.
    I said that you probably have misunderstood what the Daily Photo thing is about and explained it shortly to you and also pointed you to our info page where you can also leave comments and question on the community. Last but not least I invited you to post another gallery if you want to give the Dailies a try.

Whatever you read into it my intention was never to throw you out. I just pointed out the probable misunderstanding. As a community owner I can remove any galleries, but instead I usually choose to inform the gallery owner personally so he understands what is going on and we can resolve the issue together.

I hope that clears things up.

All the best,
    Sebastian

PS: Just as a side note - I was notified by another member to check on your gallery, because it didn't seem to comply with the intentions of the DP community.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Something like: the photos I was posting were too old and that was against the rules ... eek7.gif
    I am still there on another gallery. I have to go and look to go out.
    I erased the mail he sent me ...
    I was rather furious/sad ... headscratch.gif
    thumb.gif
    Okay, here's what I wrote - please tell me what I've done wrong:
    Hello Antonio,

you've added your Last Photos gallery (http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1587711) to our Daily Photo community. While your photos are surely interesting they don't quite fit in the community as they seem to be quite old. The daily photo thing is about sharing a photo from your daily life - you select one photo from the stock of photos you shot *that* day. I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding on the daily concept.
    So please remove this gallery from the community. If you want to try the daily photo project for yourself feel free to add another gallery with a photo from your daily photo shooting.
    In case you've got some more questions or comments you can also use our chatter box (http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1203855).

Best regards from Leipzig, Germany,
    Sebastian
    I'm no native speaker of English so it'll be really helpful for me if someone could point out phrases that could have had a negative/harsh meaning which wasn't meant at all.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited July 18, 2006
    I simply asked to remove the gallery that didn't seem to fit the Daily Photo topic. The gallery contained about 6 pictures with at least 2 of them having EXIF dates and watermarks of the year 2003 and 2004.
    I said that you probably have misunderstood what the Daily Photo thing is about and explained it shortly to you and also pointed you to our info page where you can also leave comments and question on the community. Last but not least I invited you to post another gallery if you want to give the Dailies a try.

Whatever you read into it my intention was never to throw you out. I just pointed out the probable misunderstanding. As a community owner I can remove any galleries, but instead I usually choose to inform the gallery owner personally so he understands what is going on and we can resolve the issue together.

I hope that clears things up.

All the best,
    Sebastian

PS: Just as a side note - I was notified by another member to check on your gallery, because it didn't seem to comply with the intentions of the DP community.
    Sebastian,
    It's good to see, that you and your friends have control over the hole situation.
    Please, I have checked and I have not found myself in your community.
    But, as I am a lurk in computers I may have failed.

Do me a favour:
    Throught me out.
    BTW: check also if I am there too as www.portugalemfotos.com
    If so throught me out from there too, please.
    Thank you.

I'm sorry for the work and trouble I have caused you.
    And mainly to Andy who is a fantastic guy. Hello Andy. See you. :):

No hard feelings Sebastian !!!:):
    Thank you again.
    Regards. thumb.gif
    edited July 18, 2006
    Okay, here's what I wrote - please tell me what I've done wrong:

I'm no native speaker of English so it'll be really helpful for me if someone could point out phrases that could have had a negative/harsh meaning which wasn't meant at all.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    I agree. My native language, as one can clearly see in my clumsy writting, is not english either.
  • smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    Antonio-
    Your work is lovely it just wasn't what the daily community was intended for. Basically everyone in the community takes a photo every day (or tries to) and publishes it with the date so theywork is always current. It is a way for us to challenge ourselves to take great photos every day. I would love to see some of your daily photos if you are interested.
    Shawna
    (member of daily photo community)
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!
    edited July 19, 2006
    Antonio-
    Your work is lovely it just wasn't what the daily community was intended for. Basically everyone in the community takes a photo every day (or tries to) and publishes it with the date so theywork is always current. It is a way for us to challenge ourselves to take great photos every day. I would love to see some of your daily photos if you are interested.
    Shawna
    (member of daily photo community)
    ( ... )