Options

SOLD: Nikon Lens/Flash...

SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
edited September 3, 2006 in Nikon Land
Nikon 24-85/3.5-4.5 G ED-IF AFS lens... (SOLD)
Comes with Lens, hood, both caps, paper and original box.
Condition 9-10. A few dust specks in the lens.
Ken Rockwells take on this lens...
And Bjørn Rørslett take...

Nikon SB-50DX Flash... (SOLD)
Comes with flash, existing batteries and paper.
Condition 9-10.
Ken Rockwell on this flash...

Prices are Paypal'd and shipped to the lower 48.

Comments

• Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    That's my every day/everywhere lens, man! The review is spot on, it's light but mighty sharp, and AF is dead on, fast, and quiet.

Have had it for around two years, just a tad less maybe. The lens is awesome, especially for the money. thumb.gif

Just wanted to say....mwink.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2006
    I'll sell you a backup Twisty... eek7.gif:D

Thanks for the bump man... thumb.gif
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    Seymore wrote:
    I'll sell you a backup Twisty... eek7.gif:D

lol3.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2006
    lol3.gif
    Hmmmmmmmm... is that a YES?!?!? clap.gifheadscratch.gifumph.gifeek7.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2006
    Bump... Anyone?
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    Bump...
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 1, 2006
    Seymore: I've heard the 24-85 AFS is a "better" lens than my 24-85 AFD, even though the latter is faster, f/2.8-4. Any comments?
    ear.gif

As in, should I be trading mine for this one? deal.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Seymore: I've heard the 24-85 AFS is a "better" lens than my 24-85 AFD, even though the latter is faster, f/2.8-4. Any comments?
    ear.gif

As in, should I be trading mine for this one? deal.gif
    Well Dr... I did own the 28-85 (non-D), replaced it with this lens and found that this lens is much faster. I also liked these focal ranges for a walk-around lens. But, the AFS is much faster at obtaining the subject and this copy is sharp.

Let me know what you'd like to do...

overlooked: please note that this is the slower version. f3.5-4.5... But, it's one of Nikons nicer/cheaper AFS lenses.
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    Seymore wrote:
    overlooked: please note that this is the slower version. f3.5-4.5... But, it's one of Nikons nicer/cheaper AFS lenses.
    right, that's why I asked. I've seen a couple reviews that have said your lens is actually better than mine, even though its slower. Thom Hogan, for one, prefers the slower AFS.

only thing though, does the AFS have macro range (looks like no, but you never know)? that's the one reason I keep holding on to the AFD.
    Erik

• Options
    edited August 2, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    right, that's why I asked. I've seen a couple reviews that have said your lens is actually better than mine, even though its slower. Thom Hogan, for one, prefers the slower AFS.

only thing though, does the AFS have macro range (looks like no, but you never know)? that's the one reason I keep holding on to the AFD.
    It's all in one's taste for what they shoot. I've since filled this range with a faster Tokina 28-70/2.8 which I find suits my needs better as I rarely use flash. But the AFS is really nice when it comes to needing fast focus or tracking.

Nope... No micro on this version. I have the 60/2.8 micro for that purpose, as needed. But, then again... all in one's shooting preferences. I can tell you that the min focus is .38 meters on the lens. Or about 15".
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2006
    No macro, bummer. It'd be nice to have the faster focusing AFS, but the macro on my AFD is just too good to leave behind - I definitely can't afford a dedicated macro at the moment.

Its nice to be able to get closer:

76397723-S.jpg

guess I just can't beat the versatility of my AFD (for now). Thanks Seymore, but I'll take a pass.

so you get a free bump for a great lens at a great price!
    Erik

• Options
    edited August 3, 2006
    Ok Erik... Just keep me in mind if/when you want to add this to your stable.

Thanks for the bump man...
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2006
    One more bump for interest... Anyone?