new release!

bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
edited July 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
new theme picker, with mOoOoOoOotion. sweet!

Ivar, Dee, Other Guy, nice job on all the new themes. :thumb
Pedal faster

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    As "Other Guy" I want to say, HUGE thanks to Dee for her wonderful wonderful artwork, and to Ivar for his great coding and hard work, too. Dee's now done art for five SmugMug Themes (Christmas 2, Bon Voyage, BBQ, Denim, and Blue Lagoon). Dee, clap.gif thanks for the great work, and the many iterations of some of the art pieces lol3.gif

Ivar, is a machine. He made "Red" and we liked it so much that I spawned Blue, Fuchsia, Green, Orange, Tan, Teal and Yellow from it. And then Ivar picked up the pieces, and did the initial QA on the 8 color sibling themes. Tireless work and it's very much appreciated.

Ivar and Dee cooked up "BBQ" with a little idea help from yours truly. But the design and the execution was theirs. Same for Blue Lagoon. Dee and I made Bon Voyage together. Denim, I built it but Dee made all the art work, and it's really, really top shelf stuff. The Old Family Album I made, and the idea came to me as I was reviewing some photos online, in my own personal family archives of old scanned photos.

We're going to keep bringing more themes online, stay tuned!

So thanks Lee, for noticing - and especially thanks to Ivar and Dee clap.gifclap.gif
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    Thanks...
    It's been extremely challenging as well as lots of fun...

But I've been very glad that my "coder dudes" have been extremely patient with me, have been there to hold my hand when I needed it, and to keep encouraging me...despite my constant complaining about the limitations of CSS!

I hope everyone enjoys using the themes we worked on together. :):
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    Any chance of getting the lowdown on how to apply that sweeeeeeeet drop down to my nav bar?
    I know........rolleyes1.gif It will lead to MORE questions from ME.....:D
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    Wow Dee! I've already put Bon Voyage, Denim and Blue Lagoon to use. Blue Lagoon is just wonderful (as are the rest).
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    Really, really fantastic theme work all around! thumb.gif
    edited July 20, 2006
    Any chance of getting the lowdown on how to apply that sweeeeeeeet drop down to my nav bar?
    I know........rolleyes1.gif It will lead to MORE questions from ME.....:D
    Chance? View>Source

I'm sorry but we can't provide help on this, it's really advanced stuff. Like the CSS Play sort of thing. You're welcome to try and copy it though :D
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Chance? View>Source

I'm sorry but we can't provide help on this, it's really advanced stuff. Like the CSS Play sort of thing. You're welcome to try and copy it though :D

I looked at the view source and found the code. But I'm thinking that there must be some JS there to make it work. No? All CSS/html ? Like the drop I have from CSS Play?
    If I can view the html code in the view source window, then any CSS needed would be in the base black/white themes... right?
    edited July 20, 2006
    I looked at the view source and found the code. But I'm thinking that there must be some JS there to make it work. No? All CSS/html ? Like the drop I have from CSS Play?
    If I can view the html code in the view source window, then any CSS needed would be in the base black/white themes... right?
    Anthony, I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that...