Gaby(Osha) + Infinite images(physics involved) = Perfect match for a great day :D

B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited July 24, 2006 in People
I went with some friends to a theather(teatro Abril - Guatemala City), and we started doing the scouting for a project we're developing, and while doing that I found this spot with two big mirrors, one in front of the other, and then I just had this blast from the past, hahaha, no more E! for me :uhoh, anyhow, I remembered what I learned in physics, about virtual images, and everything made sense then, I found out that infinite images get that pattern from themselves... let me be more clear, when you stand in front of a mirror you "create" a virtual image of yourself, that's how optics call them, and it's conceptualized as "another you" inside the mirror, and the distance between you and your virtual image is the double between you and the mirror, so obvious I know, but then I realized that if you have a virtual image of yourself in front of ONE mirror, that virtual image will have one as well in the other mirror, the one that's in front of the mirror creating the virtual image. My point is that the images keep creating themselves to the infinite, and the ones shown in the picture are the half of those infinite images, even though the half of infinite keeps being infinite :huh, hahaha, as simple as that, and so beautyful, art and science mixed in one sick mind... mine :rofl

The most incredible thing about this picture is that the gorgeous model gets cloned and cloned into the infinite, hahaha, but there's only one space for that unique person that I love so much, my friend Gaby :D Thanks for everything Osha, WIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Thanks for reading my thread, have a wonderful day :D

IMG_0680 copy (sin mascara) (WEB grande).jpg

... P.D. If you pay attention to the images, they get a curved trajectory as they go away from themselves, interesting...

Byron M. :D
"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth

Comments

• dlacouturedlacouture Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    Hello!

Good idea! (seems that people here are fond of mirrors!)

Do you have a shot with your model halfway between the opposing mirrors?
    This way, you should have a nice succession of "virtual models", each one facing an opposite direction...

This would scream for a panoramic format, by the way, with a tight crop around the first mirror frame... With the model going over the frame, this would be visually stunning!
  • B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    dlacouture wrote:
    Hello!

Good idea! (seems that people here are fond of mirrors!)

Do you have a shot with your model halfway between the opposing mirrors?
    This way, you should have a nice succession of "virtual models", each one facing an opposite direction...

This would scream for a panoramic format, by the way, with a tight crop around the first mirror frame... With the model going over the frame, this would be visually stunning!

Maybe, the problem resides in the "how to capture that whole panoramic shoot?", I mean, you should use convex mirrors for that, I think. But your point of cropping might be really useful to achieve the shoot you're talking about, really good idea indeed, thank you :):

"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 23, 2006
    cool, i like ,neat idea....
  • B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Thank you allensphoto, this was like the first time I tried doing something like that, and I can tell you it's pretty difficult to take the shot and not be a part of it, hahahaha, but to work with convex mirrors can be helpful, I have a really nice idea in my mind, but it need a lot of postprocessing in the photo, and I don't like the idea, I don't like editing my pics, but cropping is valid, hahaha, thank you all, if you know something else about this topic let me know it, it can be really handy to me, thank you, see you around.