Options

Best of Photography Annual 2006

THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
edited July 21, 2006 in The Big Picture
I'm a finalist! YEAH! :clap

Photographers Forum Magazine puts on a yearly contest. The finalist get to have their entries published in "The Best of Photography Annual 2006" hardcover book, which according to them is sold to college libraries and instructors of photography, art and graphic design, as well as to general subscribers. I've never seen it.:dunno

They had more than 20,000 entries from over 20 countries. Finalists consist of the top 5%. That's still 1,000 finalists (right?) but I'm just excited I made it through!

YIPPEE! :D

Unfortunately, I don't know which one went through!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin

Comments

• Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    They had more than 20,000 entries from over 20 countries. Finalists consist of the top 5%. That's still 1,000 finalists (right?) but I'm just excited I made it through!

Excellent!

I felt the same way when I had two entries accepted into the Orange County Fair (first attempt ever and I only started taking photography seriously 9 months ago). They had over 2,000 photos entered and they accepted just over 1,000 (about 50%).

I know how you feel in just getting accepted, and being in the top 5% is awesome.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2006
    Thanks BeachBill!

I just wish I knew which one it was!rolleyes1.gif I submitted either 10 or 20 - It's been so long, I can't even remember what I submitted!rolleyes1.gif
    BeachBill wrote:
    Excellent!

I felt the same way when I had two entries accepted into the Orange County Fair (first attempt ever and I only started taking photography seriously 9 months ago). They had over 2,000 photos entered and they accepted just over 1,000 (about 50%).

I know how you feel in just getting accepted, and being in the top 5% is awesome.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    congrats Kevin - keep us posted of the outcome. And if you figure out which ones you submitted, show us those too (so we can bet on which one made it:D)

cheers,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    phuongphuong Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    where & how did you submit it? is it only applied to American or anybody?
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2006
    Thanks Frog Lady! I'll have to pull up the smugmug order and see which ones. I'm pretty curious as well!thumb.gif
    Frog Lady wrote:
    congrats Kevin - keep us posted of the outcome. And if you figure out which ones you submitted, show us those too (so we can bet on which one made it:D)

cheers,

C.

- Kevin
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2006
    Phuong - I found the information on the contest from one of the photography magazines...not sure which one. As far as i know, it's worldwide - the letter stated that they received over 20,000 entries from over 20 countries.

Here's the website -
    http://www.serbin.com/Contests/Contest.html
    phuong wrote:
    where & how did you submit it? is it only applied to American or anybody?

- Kevin