Top Stitch

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited July 22, 2006 in Holy Macro
Top-Stitch-IMG_3969.jpg
You would never think that picking up your wife from a craft shop can present a photo opportunity but in fact shops like that are full of colours, patterns and textures.

Click the thumbnail for full size photograph of the top stitch

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    Hi Ted how are you
    Nice find loved colors and textures
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    Top-Stitch-IMG_3969.jpg
    You would never think that picking up your wife from a craft shop can present a photo opportunity but in fact shops like that are full of colours, patterns and textures.

Good point, Ted. I tell myself there's a shot around every corner, but I often don't really believe it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006

Those Craft Shops are a whole new world for those who have never been inside one, you can never get my mother out of those stores once she's in them rolleyes1.gif but when you see what they create with their hands, you really do have to marvel at what you can do with a needle, a thread, and other materials ....... nice shot Ted...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2006
    Hi Awais. It has been a long time since our threads crossed.

I was talking to my wife recently how "ordinary" the everyday outfits of people are. When I look at the photographs from Asia, Afrika or even the east I am amazed what colour and form is there to be found. I have to escape to a craft shop for similar exprience. Preatty sad, really.
    Hi Ted how are you
    Nice find loved colors and textures
    edited July 22, 2006
    Isn't that the truth. Everytime I leave my camera and lenses at home I get to regret it.
    wxwax wrote:
    Good point, Ted. I tell myself there's a shot around every corner, but I often don't really believe it.
    edited July 22, 2006
    Thanks Skippy. I'm afraid the skills behind these crafts belong to the older generation. Todays generation does not have the time or patience.

I know it is a generalisation but just see who goes to these shops.
    Skippy wrote:
    Those Craft Shops are a whole new world for those who have never been inside one, you can never get my mother out of those stores once she's in them rolleyes1.gif but when you see what they create with their hands, you really do have to marvel at what you can do with a needle, a thread, and other materials ....... nice shot Ted...... Skippy (Australia)