Can't seem to upload any way anymore?

fclarkfclark Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited July 21, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've uploaded several pictures already, but last night and today can't seem to get any pics to upload by any method. i've tried the old 'tried and true' method - the upload status window just stays up forever it seems (eventually I lost patience and just closed it) - and none of the files had uploaded. I've downloaded Send to Smugmug and it says 'uploading photo 1 of 1' at the bottom, although it shows no progress on the progress bar, and then comes up with a little window saying 'uploaded 0 photos totalling 0 mb in 3min.' And the universal drag and drop hasn't ever worked for me (it tells me it only accepts files of jpg, gif, etc format, even though I"m just dragging one .jpg file at a time - not the thumbs.db or a whole folder).

Help! The rest of my internet is working fine, so I'm not sure what is going on...is there any way to test if it's my computer or something?

Thank you!
An amateur eager to learn!
Shooting with Digital Rebel XT w/kit lens and Canon 50/1.8
Wish list: Tamron 28-75 2.8; Flash

Gallery: fclark.smugmug.com

Comments

• fclarkfclark Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    Oh... is it my file size?
    Of course I just think of this AFTER I post... ;) My files are all just over 8 mb and I think I read something that the file size for regular accounts is limited to 8mb per file. I'll try resizing and see if that works, will post back if I'm still having trouble.
    An amateur eager to learn!
    Shooting with Digital Rebel XT w/kit lens and Canon 50/1.8
    Wish list: Tamron 28-75 2.8; Flash

Gallery: fclark.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    fclark wrote:
    Of course I just think of this AFTER I post... ;) My files are all just over 8 mb and I think I read something that the file size for regular accounts is limited to 8mb per file. I'll try resizing and see if that works, will post back if I'm still having trouble.
    Yes, 8mb for standard and power users, 16 meg for pros.
    48 megapixels (file dimensions) for all customers.

Hope this helps!