Problems with iPhoto Sync?

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited July 21, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'm sending this message on behalf of a friend who's test-driving Smugmug. He's got a baby, so keeps "forgetting" to ask...

He's using OS X and the OS X uploader. He says that if he trys to sync, it just uploads everything again and ends up with doubles.

He has read this page: http://www.smugmug.com/help/macs

Any obvious gotchas here that I can fill him in on? I'm not a Mac user, so haven't tested it myself.

I can PM his e-mail address, if needed...

Thanks...
Chris

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I'm sending this message on behalf of a friend who's test-driving Smugmug. He's got a baby, so keeps "forgetting" to ask...

He's using OS X and the OS X uploader. He says that if he trys to sync, it just uploads everything again and ends up with doubles.

He has read this page: http://www.smugmug.com/help/macs

Any obvious gotchas here that I can fill him in on? I'm not a Mac user, so haven't tested it myself.

I can PM his e-mail address, if needed...

Thanks...

Please ask him to contact help@smugmug.com - we'll get to him directly there. We have a few Iphoto users & experts who can assist greatly!
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Please ask him to contact help@smugmug.com - we'll get to him directly there. We have a few Iphoto users & experts who can assist greatly!

Okay, I'll try and coax him to send an e-mail... maybe I'll send an e-mail and just cc him to get the communication lines open.
    Chris
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2006
    For anyone interested in this question...

It is apparently not possible to automatically sync an iPhoto album with a SmugMug folder.

There was mention of this being a possiblity way back in 2004, but I guess it wasn't technically viable or got pushed down the priority list.

No biggie to me... just an FYI.
    Chris