Integration PSE-4 Organizer & PSCS2 Bridge?

gildcogildco Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
edited July 23, 2006 in Finishing School
Colleagues:

Prior to buying Photoshop CS2, I used Photoshop Elements 4 and arranged my pics in different categories (with tags) using the organizer tool. Now that I have PS CS2 with the new Adobe Bridge, I wonder if I can integrate PSE-4's catalog tags into Bridge, or must I manually recreate the same categories/tags in Bridge? The books I have on using Photoshop CS2 don't list topics for integrating in their indices.

I could always use PSE-4 for organizing my shots and then just use Bridge for other functions, but surely there is a way to integrate these function.
Gil

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2006
    Write Elements tags to the images as IPTC keywords
    gildco wrote:
    Colleagues:

Prior to buying Photoshop CS2, I used Photoshop Elements 4 and arranged my pics in different categories (with tags) using the organizer tool. Now that I have PS CS2 with the new Adobe Bridge, I wonder if I can integrate PSE-4's catalog tags into Bridge, or must I manually recreate the same categories/tags in Bridge? The books I have on using Photoshop CS2 don't list topics for integrating in their indices.

I could always use PSE-4 for organizing my shots and then just use Bridge for other functions, but surely there is a way to integrate these function.

I did a migration from PSE3 to Bridge a while ago. Bridge supports standard IPTC keywords. It is possible in Elements to tell it to write the Elements tags into the individual images as IPTC keywords and then Bridge will see them. This is a one time batch process, not a general setting in Elements. The IPTC keyword scheme does not have the capability to express categories and sub-categories, just single keywords so you have to figure out how to handle that. In PSE4, if you have a category/sub-category/ tag, what Elements will write to the IPTC keyword field is the tag name, not the category and sub-category. I was able to handle that by adding a few more tags to some of my images to accomplish (in IPTC keywords) what I was doing with categories.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • gildcogildco Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    Thanks for the response, John. Since each of my categories and subs and key words in them, going through the process should not be difficult, only time-consuming.
    Gil