Universal Mac Uploader

paulrobinsonpaulrobinson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Please say the Mac Intel uploader is coming soon. It's a drag to transfer photos to the old G5 :)

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2006
    Please say the Mac Intel uploader is coming soon. It's a drag to transfer photos to the old G5 :)

There are so many other options. The java uploader, for instance. Or PictureSync. You need not transfer to the G5!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2006
    Hi Paul,

I use all day long the Universal Uploader, with Safari - or Firefox. What's your normal uploading routine - # files, etc that you typically upload?
  • paulrobinsonpaulrobinson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 22, 2006
    I drag a dozen or so 3 meg+ files to the universal uploader in Intel Safari and for some reason it never completes. It just hangs half way through one of the uploads.

Perhaps my network is flaky but the hanging is just too frustrating.

And even so the uploader app is MUCH nicer - is there a technical problem with compiling a Universal version?

thanks!
    Paul
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2006
    I drag a dozen or so 3 meg+ files to the universal uploader in Intel Safari and for some reason it never completes. It just hangs half way through one of the uploads.

Perhaps my network is flaky but the hanging is just too frustrating.

And even so the uploader app is MUCH nicer - is there a technical problem with compiling a Universal version?

thanks!
    Paul
    There is one Apple Bug that's annoying us right now. After that, I don't believe there's an impediment other than time & energy.