Problems On Enlargements

xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited July 23, 2006 in Finishing School
I just received my order for prints and the 8 x 12 turned out excellent as always. I am trying to intergrate text and fonts in the photos and on the enlargements larger than 8 x 12 the text and fonts are degrading in the photos. I think this is called cromatic aberation? I have some one who wants his logo and text in his clients photos and not shure what the problem is, I know that with out seeing the prints it is hard to explain, but any help would be helpful on how to get better results.
xtnomad :wink

Comments

• zerobuttonszerobuttons Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    ..... I know that with out seeing the prints it is hard to explain ......
    Could you scan a text example with the problem, and post a link to a 100% crop of that scanning?

Best regards,
    David List
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    I just received my order for prints and the 8 x 12 turned out excellent as always. I am trying to intergrate text and fonts in the photos and on the enlargements larger than 8 x 12 the text and fonts are degrading in the photos. I think this is called cromatic aberation? I have some one who wants his logo and text in his clients photos and not shure what the problem is, I know that with out seeing the prints it is hard to explain, but any help would be helpful on how to get better results.
    I'm going to move this to photoshop shenanigans. You'll get more help there, too.
    edited July 23, 2006
    links to the photos please?
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    This is the photo that was enlarged to 24 x 36 and it had the problem to a lesser degree but it was still there, a trained eye would go right to it. In other enlargements it was more present on 16 x 24s and not shure how to get it improved. I do not have a scanner at this time but can recreate it by saving to a smaller file and enlarge it. I discovered this effect as soon as I started to add text and saved to larger files and it went away in the 8 x 12 and is showing again in larger prints. I am using PS Ele. 4 and saving in level 12 quality.
    83384677-L.jpg

81525282-L.jpg
    edited July 23, 2006
    And thank you Andy, was not shure where to post.
    edited July 23, 2006
    In your text layers, be sure to use Anti-aliased fonts. Are you?
  • imann08imann08 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    I'm going to try to find an answer to this problem myself but there is another forum that is also very good for answers to these sort of questions. I hope that this is ok to mention another forum site here. RetouchPro is can be very good for these types of problems. There are many there that are quite skilled and may be able to help. It is as nice and helpful as this site is.

Isaac
    edited July 23, 2006
    Yes I learned early about anti-aliase. My first thought was that it might not work in differant types of text. Or it was the color of the text. Thank You. Rod