turbulence challenge (5 images)

mtizonmtizon Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 23, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
hi. here's a few images i'm considering for this challenge. any thoughts?

170175093.jpg

168439182.jpg

169583229.jpg

168810231.jpg

168810158.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited July 23, 2006
    It's a good set. I'm not into selective coloring much, though I know some people like it. I think that #1 is the best of the group as it stands. #2 is also a great shot, but I would prefer to see it either in color or straight B&W. Nice work on all of them. thumb.gif

Regards,
  • vandanavandana Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    Some wonderful shots here, especially #1-3 ! I think #1 would probably be the best for the challenge - not only does it seem turbulent , but it also tells a story. the lighting with the silhouetted kids is just wonderful. There is a pair of legs on the right corner, sortof cut-off and you can't make out anything more - it might be a tad distracting from the otherwise good image and I might considering cropping it for a tighter image of just the 3 kids.

#2 is good too, but I agree with Richard - I'd rather seein B&W without that selective coloring - doesn't seem to add much.

Good luck!
  • mtizonmtizon Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 23, 2006
    thank you
    hello. thank you, richard and vandana, for the responses. as per your suggestions, here's #1 and #2 colored, cropped and then in black and white.

thanks again. your suggestions were great. i didn't even see those legs, vandana. i didn't crop them out of the black and white version of that photograph. but i will if i enter it. right now, just too lazy.

maria

83416008-L.jpg

83348379-L.jpg

83416773-L.jpg

83416283-L.jpg
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited July 23, 2006
    Much better, Maria. It's really hard to choose one now, but I think I would still go with the first. Great stuff. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    Wow. Those are some very cool shots!

I agree with Richard and Vandana about the selective coloring and the cropping. My favorites would be #1, #2, and #3.

I like your second color version of #1. The crop might be a little too low - in the B&W, there's a space at the top which allowed me to see that there was a fountain of some sort.

#2 is a really cool shot but I just can't get over his arm being chopped off, as well as the sprinkler head.

I love #3! I would like to see the full color version. Did you crop this one? Can you leave the top of the bucket in the shot?

All in all, great job Maria!thumb.gif
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    I would have a difficult time choosing between 1.2.3 and 4....LOVE em clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii