Steam engines anyone?

wolfieswolfies Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited July 23, 2006 in Holy Macro
I hope this is the right place if not I am sorry
Here are a few photos of #10 “Old Humpy” a Climax build in 1928 I got to ride in the cab with the engineer and this train definitely has a rough ride

82669686-M.jpg

82868489-M.jpg

82875902-M.jpg

82684097-M.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    thumb.gif They look great jeff. I can still just remember them from when i was a kid. Went out of service here in the late 60's early 70's.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    wolfies wrote:
    I hope this is the right place if not I am sorry
    Here are a few photos of #10 “Old Humpy” a Climax build in 1928 I got to ride in the cab with the engineer and this train definitely has a rough ride

Nothing beats the Old Steam Trains for Style thumb.gif
    The old Train that ran between Geelong and Melbourne we used to call the Old Red Rattler ..... shook the daylights out of ya, but I loved it :D

Thanks for sharing......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • wolfieswolfies Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    gus wrote:
    thumb.gif They look great jeff. I can still just remember them from when i was a kid. Went out of service here in the late 60's early 70's.

These things have character that the new ones don’t have. These guys are like living breathing machines. If you ever get up to pacific northwest you can ride up front for $50 it’s well worth the price, but I warn you if they are running #10 you are in for a violent ride this thing has a pulse from the engine that almost takes you off your feet. But it is so well worth it
  • wolfieswolfies Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Nothing beats the Old Steam Trains for Style thumb.gif
    The old Train that ran between Geelong and Melbourne we used to call the Old Red Rattler ..... shook the daylights out of ya, but I loved it :D

Thanks for sharing......... Skippy (Australia)

What kind of engine was it do you know? And I agree for style. I am working on post processing for the Heisler engine now I should have them up by the end of the week
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    nice photos :):
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    wolfies wrote:
    What kind of engine was it do you know? And I agree for style. I am working on post processing for the Heisler engine now I should have them up by the end of the week
    They still run them here also. They make the best sound.