Uploaded Photos missing

joffunjoffun Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited July 24, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have uploaded a batch of 23 photos, but 4 of them do not show in the gallery. At first I thought I might have interrupted the upload so thought I would just upload those 4 again. I have done that (& get the confirmation that they have been uploaded) but they don't show in the gallery.

I'm totally mystified & can't think why that should be the case. Anyone have any ideas? It is a site level password protected site, but if anyone with admin rights wants to have a look, the gallery in question is this one: http://boyle.smugmug.com/gallery/54226

There are 95 photos there at the moment; there should be 99

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    joffun wrote:
    I have uploaded a batch of 23 photos, but 4 of them do not show in the gallery. At first I thought I might have interrupted the upload so thought I would just upload those 4 again. I have done that (& get the confirmation that they have been uploaded) but they don't show in the gallery.

I'm totally mystified & can't think why that should be the case. Anyone have any ideas? It is a site level password protected site, but if anyone with admin rights wants to have a look, the gallery in question is this one: http://boyle.smugmug.com/gallery/54226

There are 95 photos there at the moment; there should be 99

Thanks
    Did you look in your upload log? See if there were errors. It's in your control panel.
  • joffunjoffun Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Did you look in your upload log? See if there were errors. It's in your control panel.

Andy, thanks (I thought you were on holiday:): ) - I have looked & indeed they are showing as errors with the files. I have no idea why that should be the case (they show fine on my pc & were processed at the same time and in the same way as the files that did load ok), but I will check my files & maybe try re-uploading at some other point

Thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    joffun wrote:
    Andy, thanks (I thought you were on holiday:): ) - I have looked & indeed they are showing as errors with the files. I have no idea why that should be the case (they show fine on my pc & were processed at the same time and in the same way as the files that did load ok), but I will check my files & maybe try re-uploading at some other point

Thanks
    Check to be sure that they are: 1) jpgs 2) less than 8mb (std and power) or 16 mb (pro). Also be sure they are less than 48megapixels in file dimensions.

wave.gif
    edited July 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Check to be sure that they are: 1) jpgs 2) less than 8mb (std and power) or 16 mb (pro). Also be sure they are less than 48megapixels in file dimensions.

wave.gif

Thanks Andy - I have just successfully uploaded them - I didn't change the files at all but just uploaded them individually (rather than all 4 together) and that did the trick - I have no idea why they wouldn't upload as a batch & I've never encountered this problem before.

FYI they were jpgs & were only in the region of 200kb each, so well within spec.

Enjoy your vacation
  • sitsit Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Adding just an anecdotal story, I reported a similar symptom on 23 Dec 2005 to support. They weren't able to find any problem on smugmug's side that might have caused it and I haven't seen anything that I'm sure is the same symptom since. The closest symptom came up the other day when I uploaded 9 images and only 8 appeared; when I re-uploaded the 9th one, it showed up twice but the upload log didn't indicate a long lag.

Unfortunately (?), my workflow involves using the XML-RPC smugmug.py command-line tool, which is not supported.

Were you doing anything else at the same time as the uploads? Changing the gallery settings or rotating/color-effects on the photos that had already been uploaded?
    edited July 24, 2006
    sit wrote:
    Adding just an anecdotal story, I reported a similar symptom on 23 Dec 2005 to support. They weren't able to find any problem on smugmug's side that might have caused it and I haven't seen anything that I'm sure is the same symptom since. The closest symptom came up the other day when I uploaded 9 images and only 8 appeared; when I re-uploaded the 9th one, it showed up twice but the upload log didn't indicate a long lag.

Unfortunately (?), my workflow involves using the XML-RPC smugmug.py command-line tool, which is not supported.

Were you doing anything else at the same time as the uploads? Changing the gallery settings or rotating/color-effects on the photos that had already been uploaded?

I wasn't doing anything else at the time so can't figure out why there should have been a problem. Whilst uploading I try not to do anything else using IE, even on a different page, as I have found that if I click on a link it can disrupt an upload as it may change the smugmug upload page, which then cancels the Java upload. I don't know if this should happen, but it does.