Spots on all my pictures.

fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
edited July 23, 2006 in Cameras
Hey all I have been reviewing all of my shots from my recent trip to San Diego and I have found spots in the same place on all of them. I have cleaned my lenses, filters and glass itself, and they still appear. Where would these be coming from? I have tried to lock the mirror up and look at the sensor but I cannot see anything on it. I am just at a loss! Any suggestions on what I could do to rectify this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Billy

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    fire1035 wrote:
    Hey all I have been reviewing all of my shots from my recent trip to San Diego and I have found spots in the same place on all of them. I have cleaned my lenses, filters and glass itself, and they still appear. Where would these be coming from? I have tried to lock the mirror up and look at the sensor but I cannot see anything on it. I am just at a loss! Any suggestions on what I could do to rectify this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Billy

It sounds like you have some dust bunnies on your sensor. The first step would be to lock the mirror and give te sensor a good blow from an air blower (i.e the Giotto Rocket Blower). DO NOT USED COMPRESSED AIR!!!!

Before you give the sensor a blow go outside and take a shot of the blue sky with the aperture stepped all the way down. This will show the locations of the dust bunnies. After you give it a blow take another shot of the sky and compare the two shots. If the blow didn't do the job then you have to clean your sensor. This thread will give you scads of info on the process. http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=8350

I shoot under very dusty and dirty conditions so I usually clean my sensor a couple of times a month.

Good luck.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"