One from today's MX...that I like.

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited July 25, 2006 in Sports
Last week I was able to attend some road racing, since it was an off weekend for my local MX track, but today it was back in full swing....:clap
We didn't have rain, or worse yet dust, dust, and more dust...which were the conditions the last time I went.

I haven't reviewed all my shots from today, because I've been processing shots from a wedding I did Saturday...but that's another story. Here is a pic I like from today's action.

83573321-L.jpg

I have another one I'll have to post, it's a young racer showing off....now where did I see that? :scratch

Found it....

83580794-L.jpg

There are a bunch of adults that don't get this much air off of this jump, let alone do it one handed....hamming it up for the photog...this kid is somewhere between 11 & 13 years old, and fearless.

Thanks for looking....and commenting....:D
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Greta shots Jeffro

Dont you just love how the young are 10' tall and bullet proof....rolleyes1.gif

cant'wait to see some more ;)
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Noiiiiceeeeeee !!!!!!!!!
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Love the "ham" shot. thumb.gif
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Love these shots! Great detail. Appx what distance do you usually shoot from?

It crazy how those kids on the 80's can tear up the track. It always scares the crap out of me when they go ripping past. Of course I'm the Queen of 2nd gear so that doesn't say much :D

I got a few shots (not as nice as these I'm sure) of the big boys yesterday at the Thunder Valley National. I'll post some after I get my pp done.

Charla
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Charla wrote:
    It crazy how those kids on the 80's can tear up the track.
    It always scares the crap out of me when they go ripping past. Of course I'm the Queen of 2nd gear so that doesn't say much :D

I got a few shots (not as nice as these I'm sure) of the big boys yesterday at the Thunder Valley National. I'll post some after I get my pp done.

Charla

15524779-Ti.gif

How did you like the road coarse? Dont want to miss dierct your thread just thought i would ask. The shots look great as alwaysl. I going back to the MX tracks next month and do not miss to dust at all but thats part of it.
    thumb.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Charla wrote:
    Charla

Thanks Charla....my distances vary, from a few inches away when shooting wide angle, to 20+ yards when shooting telephoto. These two were shot at about 10 yards or so, both with my 70-200L.
    edited July 24, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

How did you like the road coarse? Dont want to miss dierct your thread just thought i would ask. The shots look great as alwaysl. I going back to the MX tracks next month and do not miss to dust at all but thats part of it.
    thumb.gif

Thanks xtnomad.....I loved the road coarse, the bikes were fast! Very fast! It was nice to have a change of pace. I hadn't shot at a road event in over 10 years, and that was with a Canon Rebel XS (film) with a 70-300 f4.5-5.6 lens. What a difference a decade makes.......and equipment.

I want to get back to the road coarse for a Porsche event they have, that would be another change of pace.:D
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    I love the way the rider in the 1st shot almost appears to pop of the page. Great captureclap.gif

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
    edited July 25, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    I love the way the rider in the 1st shot almost appears to pop of the page. Great captureclap.gif

C.

Me too...:D