b/w series 2

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited August 3, 2006 in People
dyfzid vbio

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited July 24, 2006
    There are great! clap.gifclap You sure have some interesting looking friends. :):

Cheers,
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    There are great! clap.gifclap You sure have some interesting looking friends. :):

Cheers,

i disagree. i find these and much of automaton2's work to be unflattering. sorry. are you applying some sort of odd filter to these before making them b&w?
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    These are definitely..........unflattering! Your process and shooting technique is not to everyone's taste, but you have developed your own unique style and it is recognizable. For that, I applaud you...looks like you are having fun. I'm wondering how hard it will be for you to find future subjects....er, victims? :)
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited July 25, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i disagree. i find these and much of automaton2's work to be unflattering. sorry. are you applying some sort of odd filter to these before making them b&w?
    Hmm...why does an image need to be flattering? ear.gif
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    The sharpening technique you are using is horrible. It looks so evident!

Tell us your method!

Owen
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    binghott wrote:

I went back through the threads and looked at automaton2's images...I just don't get it...I found most of the images to be :eek1 :confused
    Sorry, dude...I really don't get it.
    Mandi
    Mandi :shay
    www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 1, 2006
    thanks for replies
    aha
    SOOOrolleyes1.gif
    there yoou were mindiieek7.gif

i experiment
    if frankenstien be the result

ill rework

someday my prints will come:cry
    edited August 1, 2006
    automaton2 wrote:
    aha
    SOOOrolleyes1.gif
    there yoou were mindiieek7.gif

i experiment
    if frankenstien be the result

ill rework

someday my prints will come:cry

you don't even make sense in this post...helps me understand your work more...

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
  • B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    Why is everybody so mean to him?

I like your photographs :D
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
    edited August 2, 2006
    B:// wrote:
    Why is everybody so mean to him?

I like your photographs :D
    Who's everybody?

I'm not being mean...thought this was a forum where one could post photos.. and when one does, there are bound to be opinions across the board.

So, you think the links in his last response to me were "nice?"
    If you can't take people's opinions then don't post your photos.

Obviously, I do a completely different kind of "art." Perhaps he does not like mine...that is fine with me...no problem there, as I have more work than I can handle, right now. This tells me, in my little world, my work is appreciated by those of like mind.
    I simply stated...I don't get it...I don't "get" his "art"...so simple. There are many out there who may like it...like you. That too, is fine.

I don't believe he needs to be defensive about it. It's just not something I care to look at, as it gives me....no, I won't go there...let's just say...I don't get it.
    I wish him well in his work and his creations...I wish him no ill will yet, he comes back with childish responses...as my 13 year old would say..."whatever." I'm done here...won't be returning to this particular thread and I won't be looking at any more of his work. This is my choice...as is yours, to defend him.
    Have a great day!
    Mandi

• B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    Who's everybody?

I'm not being mean...thought this was a forum where one could post photos.. and when one does, there are bound to be opinions across the board.

So, you think the links in his last response to me were "nice?"
    If you can't take people's opinions then don't post your photos.

Obviously, I do a completely different kind of "art." Perhaps he does not like mine...that is fine with me...no problem there, as I have more work than I can handle, right now. This tells me, in my little world, my work is appreciated by those of like mind.
    I simply stated...I don't get it...I don't "get" his "art"...so simple. There are many out there who may like it...like you. That too, is fine.

I don't believe he needs to be defensive about it. It's just not something I care to look at, as it gives me....no, I won't go there...let's just say...I don't get it.
    I wish him well in his work and his creations...I wish him no ill will yet, he comes back with childish responses...as my 13 year old would say..."whatever." I'm done here...won't be returning to this particular thread and I won't be looking at any more of his work. This is my choice...as is yours, to defend him.
    Have a great day!
    Mandi

The only thing I have to say is that I understand the whole meaning of a thread in a forum, and yes if you post something your goal is to get everybody's opinion, to know what they think about them.
    And I'm not defending him, I just thought that there are better ways to express a constructive critic, that's all.
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 3, 2006
    try humor
    i thought attempting humor might be cooler for you

now im a 13 yr oldeek7.gif1drink.gif