Got some Pics of Lauren!

mghanermghaner Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited July 25, 2006 in People
I finally got Lauren to pose for me. This was the first time I shot with her. C and C Please.......74038340-M-2.jpg
"I feel way more like I do right now then I did earlier today"
http://www.mikehaner.blogspot.com

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Maybe I'm an out of control contrast freak but that's what I need more of in this picture.
    I like the sort of innocent looking off thing- the whole moment you captured- but would like the picture to be bolder in its contrast.
    Also, I don't know if this is correct, but it looks like the focus is on the shirt and not on her face...
    And I congradulate you for getting a model to work with you. That's the hardest thing sometimes.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    I like heaps of contrast as well as GE but shots without have their own nitch also. Maybe next time see what a high contrast brings ?
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    I've visited your website to see the set. The girl is extremly attractive and it is a pity she is not looking at you while holding this pose. She has after all very captivating eyes.

With black and white I like a bit more contrasty photos but that is very subjective.

PS: Sorry I could not help myself: looks more like D & D than C & C. Laughing.gif
  • mghanermghaner Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Thanks
    Thank you to those that CC on my pic. THis is a tough forum. Not due to the CC but due to that fact that so few actually will comment. Lots of lurkers I guess. Oh well, thanks again for the CC and who knows, now that I popped it back up with this post maybe someone else will throw in their .02
    "I feel way more like I do right now then I did earlier today"
    http://www.mikehaner.blogspot.com

• photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    since you're asking, here's my take

pros

1. model is very attractive
    2. higher key works for this shot...go higher

cons

1. composition: cutoff @ mid-chest bothers me ( mwink.gif ) and small "crook" of underarm at lower left corner is unattractive.
    2. what's she looking at? picture doesn't give a clue, therefore the pose doesn't make as much sense ast it could.
    3. domination of the upper right area by a large shoulder is unattractive.

overall

I think it's a step in the right direction...just some comp and posing issues. I'd recommend you pursue other sessions with this model. Hope it helps. Post more of your work!

Doug