Mills

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited August 16, 2006 in People
That is the nickname of the girl seen below.
Hope you enjoy and I would enjoy feedback of any sort on these pictures.
Ashley
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    Mills 2
    Green is the way to be!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 24, 2006
    I love the sharpness of the reflection in the eyes in the first pic though i question the choice in shirts for both pattern and color. In the 2nd pic the effect of the lens, angle and floor is very cool but the colors again irk me as not being very complimetary to her complexion or hair color, both of which are stunning.
    edited July 24, 2006
    Sorry, here is the orginal first picture. I didn't know if I liked it very much so I changed the first picture.
    I see what you are saying. I took these a while ago and always loved the pictures but always thought that there was too much red in the picture for me.
    Green is the way to be!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    She is a lovely girl, her hair is such a gorgeous color. I like the shallow DOF in the first shot (which you have now moved to be the 3rd shot!), which puts the focus on her face and especially her eyes. I also like the way you framed the shot. I love the pose in the 2nd shot (sitting on the tile) and the tension created by what I perceive as a "slightly uncomfortable" expression. Her face does seem a bit OOF compared to her legs...)Her attire does not bother me in the least, it is a part of who she is, or wants to be! Pre-teen angst at it's best. thumb.gif
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    She has the face with lots of character and this is what we call photogenic.

I like the original post and semi-poster like quality to it. I have a feeling we will see more photos of her from you.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    i totally dig the close-up, the eyes are particularly awesome.

"mills 2", where she's sitting on the ground is awesome compositionally. the light on her shoes, jeans, arms, and shirt is great, but her face is dissapointingly dark.

i would maybe try for another, possibly better expression from her in both pictures.

i'm a major fan of chuck taylors on my models, i feel they give the image a lot of character. the red ones stand out well.

i'd love to see more!
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
  • mghanermghaner Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    What a cutie!
    I like the first one the best except for her face being a bit blown out. I cant see her freckles in the first one. If you could get her skin tone in the first one to be more like the skin tone in number 2 I think you would have a real winner there. That is my .02 after a very very quick look. She is a very exciting looking model and not the same ol same ol like we see all the time. Very nice.

Mike
    "I feel way more like I do right now then I did earlier today"
    http://www.mikehaner.blogspot.com

edited July 27, 2006
    Thanks for all the comments.
    Mike- I think I will try what you suggested. Her pictures were the first ones to really pop with that conversion (#1) and so I didn't play too much with it.
    Barry- I knew here face was out of focus but everything else about the picture I really liked. Yea, I like chucks- but only on those who know how to wear them. I've posted some more of Mills in another thread if you wanted to take a look.
    Thanks again.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Hi, Ashley
    Nice Photo set!clap.gif
    I lover her eyes in the closeup.
    Her face and hands are blown out in the first photo.

Take Care,
    Charles Cassidy,
    Cassidy's Photography,
    http://www.modellocate.com/action/goto/uid=4447
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    yeah, nice set.
    I especially like the first - good colours & contrast.
    however the bench does give the 'comedy-arrow through the head' effect. :D
    That is the nickname of the girl seen below.
    Hope you enjoy and I would enjoy feedback of any sort on these pictures.
    Ashley
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....