Can all fonts be Anti-Aliase?

xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited July 24, 2006 in Finishing School
Do all fonts work with anti-aliase? Or is it a more broad problem with color of the font and the back ground color in enlargements. I want to add text to photos and offer prints from 4 x 6 to 24 x 36 and above 8 X 12 the fonts are degrading in the prints. Rod :dunno
xtnomad :wink

Comments

• trogloditetroglodite Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    Do all fonts work with anti-aliase? Or is it a more broad problem with color of the font and the back ground color in enlargements. I want to add text to photos and offer prints from 4 x 6 to 24 x 36 and above 8 X 12 the fonts are degrading in the prints. Rod ne_nau.gif

I would think that what may be happening is that you are 'blowing up' the font, which doesn't work well for print. I would try converting the file in the final size (whatever that may be) then adding a layer with the font sized to match. Therefor keeping the font looking as it should be.
    is now gone. i have no time for cliques and fan clubs.
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2006
    troglodite wrote:
    I would think that what may be happening is that you are 'blowing up' the font, which doesn't work well for print.
    I would try converting the file in the final size (whatever that may be) then adding a layer with the font sized to match. Therefor keeping the font looking as it should be

Ok I think I might try saving the edit at the largest size and let every thing work down from there, If i understand it right. It sounds like that might work. I will give it a try. Thank You. rod
    xtnomad :wink