Options

Statistics + Change Data

luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
Hi guys

Firstly, thanks very much for the API information, reverse engineering the HTML was/is kind of time-consuming and somewhat fragile... :thumb

For a while now, I've been assembling a set of tools to aid me in using smugmug and to allow automatic image manipulation by various pieces of software I have been working on.

One of these is a tool to auto download the statistics files and do change analysis to determine viewing profile for the files, I'm currently doing this using a simple a WebClient in .Net, followed by some regular expressions.

Do you have any plans to make the statistics available via RPC? [I appreciate that this might be a low priority, amongst low priority items!]

As I appreciate the continuous improvements being made to smugmug, I understand how brittle any use of the HTML is going to be. Is there anything like a mailing list that could be subscribed to giving warnings of changes?

Are there any licensing implications of using the Smugmug APIs? [I appreciate that they may change without warning]

Many thanks for all the good work,

Luke