AMA Thunder Valley MX National

CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
edited July 25, 2006 in Sports
My family and I made our 2nd annual trip to Thunder Valley yesterday to see RC and the guys tear up the track. I won't give away the results for you guys who are waiting for the TV coverage next week but here are some shots that I was happy with.

Position was difficult since we were pretty far up the side of the hill but I did have a chance to move around some. Shot w/ KM5D 70-300mm lens with 2xTC.

Thanks for looking and comments are appreciated!
Charla

Comments

• CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Davi Millsaps
    edited July 25, 2006
    James Stewart & Kevin Windham
    edited July 25, 2006
    James Stewart
    I know this one is too dark but I like the one footer while pulling a tear off.
    edited July 25, 2006
    Ricky Carmichael
    OK back to the downhill corner, this was a good position I was just a few feet behind one of the pro shooters :):
    edited July 25, 2006
    This downhill is crazy. I know this one isn't the best shot (extreme distance & crop) but all I can think of when I see this is Goofy falling off a cliff yelling "Whooo Hooo Hooo Hoooey!!!"
    edited July 25, 2006
    Ryan Villipoto
    This kid is a wild man!
    edited July 25, 2006
    Another Villipoto
    edited July 25, 2006
    Last one I promise... for now.

Stewart showing us how nasty the braking bumps are on this downhill
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Compostion wise I like the shots, but most are a bit OOF, or soft due to the lens. Since the ground just behind some of the riders in some of the shots seems sharp, I'd say you just missed the focus, which is easy to do with the speed these guys carry!

I've gone to Milville the last 2-years, and the Indy SX 2 out of the last 3 years....and still can't get enough. The only thing is I have yet to see RC and James race each other, for one reason or another....so lucky you! I am thinking about Milville again this year, but haven't decided for sure.

Gee....I wonder who won...headscratch.gif:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited July 25, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Compostion wise I like the shots, but most are a bit OOF, or soft due to the lens. Since the ground just behind some of the riders in some of the shots seems sharp, I'd say you just missed the focus, which is easy to do with the speed these guys carry!

I've gone to Milville the last 2-years, and the Indy SX 2 out of the last 3 years....and still can't get enough. The only thing is I have yet to see RC and James race each other, for one reason or another....so lucky you! I am thinking about Milville again this year, but haven't decided for sure.

Gee....I wonder who won...headscratch.gif:D

Yeah, I did have a lot of trouble getting a good focus. This was my first time shooting at the pro level & first outing with the teleconverter. I wound up with a lot of shots that were completely OOF which was a bummer. Had a nice one of Chad Reed pulling a wheelie out of the sandy corner but missed the focus. I'll have to practice, practice, practice at the local level and hopefully do better next year :D

Out of the three pro races I've been to this is the first time I've seen Ricky and James together, although they didn't really race each other. James did well but he showed up more for the fans I think, considering the rough few weeks he's been having. I'll just say there weren't any surprises on the podium in either class.

Question for you... Why would you not go to Milville???

Charla
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Charla wrote:
    Question for you... Why would you not go to Milville???
    Charla

I'm just not sure it's going to be in the cards this year.....still hoping. I have that family thing going too.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited July 25, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    I'm just not sure it's going to be in the cards this year.....still hoping. I have that family thing going too.

Ahhh, that makes sense. My husband is definitely glad that I like bikes as much as he does. The only time we argue about him going to the track is when he goes without me! :D