"Updated" date on Gallery Catagories

DTMPhotosDTMPhotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited August 25, 2006 in SmugMug Support
So I'm shooting portraits at one of my dance events this weekend...One of my customers comes up and asks when I'll get the portraits from April online? I say, but they've been there since late April...Didn't you go into the galleries? She says "No, I saw that the "updated" date hadn't changed so I assumed they hadn't been posted yet".

I use catagories for all my dance shots. I then use a subcatagory for the specific event. Finally, I end up with galleries set up for each day. So everytime I add an event, it adds subcatagories and galleries. It appears that the Gallery Catagories has the "updated" field truly updated ONLY when you add a gallery directly under a catagory? Other then the pain of creating and then deleting a dummy gallery everytime I add an event, is there a way around this?

I guess I would expect the updated date to change whenever there was any kind of change within that catagory (new subcatogories or new galleries anywhere within the Gallery Catagory)...

BTW...This conversation happened twice over the weekend. My less savvy customer just blindly go through the steps outlined in my handout but the more savvy assumed the updated date would tell them when to actually look...

Your thoughts are appreciated...

Derek

Comments