PP help , wedding picture

entgrentgr Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 28, 2006 in Finishing School
Hello to all pro's , i write this after Andy's proposal because i need some help.
I have a picture of a friend's wedding , http://entgr.smugmug.com/photos/83920893-S.jpg

and i need some advise in making it better .This is in jpeg format and i don't know hoa i can give you the original RAW file (i hope i'n not too disturbing)...
So i call for your help thanking everyone of you in advance for his suggestions.
Many many thanks , Gregory

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Link to the O for those that will help:

http://entgr.smugmug.com/photos/83920893-O.jpg
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    83991553-L.jpg

Something like this. Noticed it was shot at ISO 800 so when looking at the file closely you can see a bit of noise but its not overly noticeable and could probably print very well to 8x10.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Brooks PBrooks P Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    I'm not all that good with PP, but I'm playing around with NX to see if it's worth buying, and I thought I would give it a go.

Here is original
    84008358-L.jpg

and here is what I did in NX. Actually I cheated a little, I ran it through Neat Image first to get rid of some of the noise.
    84006335-L.jpg

Don't know if it is much better, but I thought it was somewhat better. I didn't like the ornage glow on his jacket, and that was one of the things I tried to correct. I also tried to lighten her face and get rid of some of the contrast as well as some of the sheen. I wanted a softer look. Just remember, my opinion is worth every penny you are paying for it.
  • entgrentgr Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 26, 2006
    Thank you :)
    Good morning , i want to thank you for your work ,very appreciated.Sorry for the late answer but we have a little time difference, so please don't think anything else.I was in agony for any replies, so this was the first thing i did when i came to work.
    Cheers and many greetings from Greece.iloveyou.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Any other folks want to weigh in on this one?
  • spudjerspudjer Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Here's a quick try.....couple.jpg
    softer and cropped
    I'm worried about Gort. I'm afraid of what he might do, if anything should happen to me.:dood

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!