Importing Actions

Angelica JacksonAngelica Jackson Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited July 27, 2006 in Finishing School
I created some actions for Photoshop 7.0 and recently upgraded to PS CS2---does anybody know how and if I can import the actions from 7.0 to PS CS2? Or do I have to enter all the steps again manually in the actions for CS2? Thanks!

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited July 25, 2006
    I created some actions for Photoshop 7.0 and recently upgraded to PS CS2---does anybody know how and if I can import the actions from 7.0 to PS CS2? Or do I have to enter all the steps again manually in the actions for CS2? Thanks!

No need to re-enter. Just drag the actions from their folder in PS7 to the corresponding one in CS2. I can't recall the pathnames right now, but I'm sure it's given somewhere in the help files. You will have to restart CS2 before they become visible.

HTH.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2006
    Actually what I did was to save the actions in PS7 and then load them in CS2.

If you have the actions you want to save together in a folder select the folder then click the little arrow button at the top on the right by actions heading. Then choose save actions from the long list. Wherever you save the file at remember and then open CS2 and then choose load. Unless you have saved the actions at least once already I don't think they are easily found. I looked and couldn't find them. Someone else here at Dgrin shared this method.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Angelica JacksonAngelica Jackson Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    Thanks
    That second reply was quick and easy--thanks. I had looked in help but found that particular section unclear, but I knew someone out there had the info!
  • BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006

A comprehensive (encyclopedia length) guide to actions can be found here in MS Word format:

http://www.atncentral.com/Zip_Actions/PhotoshopActions_ver1.1Btoc.zip

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/