Newbie Question

WxGuesserWxGuesser Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
So I just got my smugmug acct and posted a few pics. On my stats page it shows one of my pics has been hit 110 times and it was the original size. Did that many people really look at the pic allready? And no comments :(
Are those numbers really accurate?

my page is

www.kevinchurch.smugmug.com

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 26, 2006
    WxGuesser wrote:
    So I just got my smugmug acct and posted a few pics. On my stats page it shows one of my pics has been hit 110 times and it was the original size. Did that many people really look at the pic allready? And no comments :(
    Are those numbers really accurate?

my page is

www.kevinchurch.smugmug.com
    The original sized image was most likely linked somewhere else, on a forum or blog.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • WxGuesserWxGuesser Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 27, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    The original sized image was most likely linked somewhere else, on a forum or blog.

so basically what you're saying is that someone "used" my pic and everytime somene goes to that person's page.. or where ever the linked it to... it's registering a hit... rolleyes1.gif
  • scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    WxGuesser wrote:
    so basically what you're saying is that someone "used" my pic and everytime somene goes to that person's page.. or where ever the linked it to... it's registering a hit... rolleyes1.gif

Yes. You can get a free statcounter account and see where it's coming from.

Instructions for getting an account and putting it into your smugmug site are here:

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1092684

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • NaturalEyeNaturalEye Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    My statcounter report doesn't show any hits for when I post a link in a forum - do I have it set up wrong?

Gary
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 27, 2006
    NaturalEye wrote:
    My statcounter report doesn't show any hits for when I post a link in a forum - do I have it set up wrong?

Gary

I don't actually use statcounter, but I can't imagine how it would track hits on the images themselves like Smugmug does. If you embed a photo or directly link to it, it's drawing from http://www.smugmug.com/photos/ rather than your Smugmug site.

Does that make sense?
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    Statcounter can't track direct links to the photos themselves. It only registers when someone visits your actual smugmug site.