Photo Challenger

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited July 30, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
DGrin is wide spread in the United States and little in the World.
However only a few people post pictures in the Challenges and few people vote: At this moment: 100 persons. Very little.

I am happy that at this moment I am winning. I like that. It means that at least some times I shoot and people like what I do.

Even if I don't win - OK, I am here for the fun of it - it is the recognition of my work.

Thank you to those who voted me.

This thread is not to make any influence on you, who has not voted yet. Vote for what you think it is the best photo.

If the moderator thinks that it is better to erase this thread: go ahead.
I don't mind at all.
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    Seems like the Portugese will once again inherit the (photo) world.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifthumb
    Really ? Yes... No ... Who knows ?
    It's small Word ...
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    It made my eyes feel good! thumb.gif
    edited July 26, 2006
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    It made my eyes feel good! thumb.gif
    I am not following you ... sorry. :):
  • rckmtlrckmtl Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    lol, I follow him, but mostly cuz that's exactally how it made me feel too. Something about the paddle pushing through the water...and the swirling that was so easy to see against the yellow background...it was like I could feel the movement of the water just by looking at it. Nice feeling.

On another note, you bring up the very good point that I always think about when there is dissagreement about who wins in the photo challenges. I wish there was more voters too. A hundered-some votes spread out over ten photos.... would be way nicer to see the results of three-four hundered votes. Would give a more accurate breakdown. Though for some reason, almost any forum I've been on then to not have many active voters in polls/whatnot. Just one of those things I guess.
    edited July 26, 2006
    rckmtl wrote:
    lol, I follow him, but mostly cuz that's exactally how it made me feel too. Something about the paddle pushing through the water...and the swirling that was so easy to see against the yellow background...it was like I could feel the movement of the water just by looking at it. Nice feeling.

On another note, you bring up the very good point that I always think about when there is dissagreement about who wins in the photo challenges. I wish there was more voters too. A hundered-some votes spread out over ten photos.... would be way nicer to see the results of three-four hundered votes. Would give a more accurate breakdown. Though for some reason, almost any forum I've been on then to not have many active voters in polls/whatnot. Just one of those things I guess.
    My wife and we have been talking over dinner about the 100 answers and the so few amount of people involved.

She has been in another forum - not photography - some time ago and it was in the US.

She felt as I do, that the persons who come here are from social groups that are not pure intelectuals but have some degree of education (and money).

Not that we - my wife and myself - are some specially clever persons.
    I should say that we are a little above the average portuguese people regarding culture.
    We are both self-confident what is important.

The group of people here - I dare say that it's about 100/200 - are similar to us but americans.

This is probably the wrongest statement you have ever hear...
    Well, this is not a confessionary. Enought.

Regards. thumb.gif
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    I very very seldom play in the challenge forum,but I do make it a point to vote:):
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    My wife and we have been talking over dinner about the 100 answers and the so few amount of people involved.

She has been in another forum - not photography - some time ago and it was in the US.

She felt as I do, that the persons who come here are from social groups that are not pure intelectuals but have some degree of education (and money).

I should say that we are a little above the average portuguese people regarding culture.

The group of people here - I dare say that it's about 100/200 - are similar to us but americans.

Regards. thumb.gif

Personally, I enjoy all kinds of people........I dont care how much education or money they do or dont have.......I enjoy their photographs clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
    edited July 30, 2006
    Personally, I enjoy all kinds of people........I dont care how much education or money they do or dont have.......I enjoy their photographs clap.gifclapclap.gif

This is a little bit controversial ...
    We could talk about it over a good portuguese wine ...
    Regards thumb.gif
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006

Regards. thumb.gif

Bom dia Antonio,

Well the Dakar starts in Portugal again in 2007 so you get a vote for that.

I couldn’t care less how much money anyone has and don’t really have any interest in discussing the finer points of photography on a purely intellectual basis. I’ll leave that to Flug.

Here are a couple of shots of Portuguese rider Helder Rodrigues (9th) pottering along without a care in the world.

456V6596-01-No55-web.jpg

456V6597-01-No55-web.jpg

I'll stick to my South African wine if thats ok...:D

Regards

Bod.
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
    edited July 30, 2006
    Bodwick wrote:
    Bom dia Antonio,
    ... I'll stick to my South African wine if thats ok...:D
    Regards Bod.

hello Bob. Bom dia.
    But you have tasted portuguese wine haven't you ?
    South African one is very good also.
    Regards.
    thumb.gif