B&W at the Beach

SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited July 26, 2006 in People
The full frame of this photo is landscape and unfortunately cuts off her feet. This was the only way I though I could salvage the image.

EXIF

(Click for larger image)
198404210_9f6eaa7552.jpg

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    Her feet are out but I like the photo.
    The composition is good and so is the light and photo treatment.
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    Her pose forms a corner to corner arch thus making a visiually complete pose. In such arrangement the cut off feet do not matter.

It is great use of what you had to work with and the b&w coversion is superb. Well done.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    I echo Ted and Antonio ... interesting treatment of beach and girl. I think her chest could use just a spot of darkening ... other than that minor suggestion ... nicely done. Good conversion, you have a full spectrum of tone from black to white ... very nice.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    Thanks for your comments!

The amazing thing is I did all of the adjusments in iPhoto '06! As a daily Photoshop user (I work in web development) I'm continually impressed by the abilities of iPhoto. It doesn't have all the tools, but for a simple crop and color job it is superb.
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    I, too, like the photo and don't think the missing feet hurts it at all in this case. I don't think I could have put the reason why as susinctly as Ted did, but, looking at it, I think his assessment is right.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    The full frame of this photo is landscape and unfortunately cuts off her feet. This was the only way I though I could salvage the image.

I think this composition is great. Including the subject's feet would have reduced the facial and whole body details captured in the photo. BRAVO !!!!