Match Challenge 70

jamismjamism Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited July 31, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
shot this tonight, however i stoped early (i have to get up at 5 am tomorrow) so later this weekend i plan to reshoot... but in the mean time tell me what you think of this shot/the idea. thanks for any comments :thumb.

next time i shoot i think i am going to go for a close up of the bernt part of the match and the not burnt part of the match. :dunno.

Blackandwhite.jpg

Comments

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    I think I understand the concept you're after and it has potential but I don't see your vision. As it is this shot lacks quite a bit of contrast so it wouldn't work. I know you said it was an in-process look at it so consider this an in-process feedback! mwink.gif

Erich
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    I also think it needs to be more in focus.
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    I like the creativity here, but I think the shot needs to have better focus and a little exra to highlight the "contrast". great shot!
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    I like the idea.....mebbe bring out the "white" part a bit clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    i liked contrast of light and dark
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    def shoot it again. i think the b/w will work with a burnt match head. however, make sure that its in full focus! turn on the macro mode on your camera (its the one with the little flower on it, just in case, well yea lol).

shoot again and repost!! good luck