Summer's Bounty

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited July 28, 2006 in Holy Macro
My favorite farm stand is full of the beautiful soft fruits of summer. Peaches, plums, cherries...
I brought my own basket to gather them up. I knew from past experience that the background would be there. I was lucky with the light again.

83835393-L.jpg
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    Looks tasty! Love the lighting.

Jamie
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    nice job snapapple. I like the brightness of the fruit in the basket while still being able to see the defining wood grain behind it.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    great work absolutly fantastic and i love this fruit
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    My favorite farm stand is full of the beautiful soft fruits of summer. Peaches, plums, cherries...
    I brought my own basket to gather them up. I knew from past experience that the background would be there. I was lucky with the light again.

Sorry Snapapples I tried to reply to your post earlier but my system locked up......I'm trying again :D

I love the background in your shot, and that basket looks real cool too.
    The fruit looks lovely and fresh, and yep you did real GOOD thumb.gif
    The basket of fruit looks very inviting indeed, lovely shot :D

Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    Thanks all. I appreciate your comments. I was real pleased with this shot. I took another one of cherries, but it didn't quite make it. I think it's the leaves that complete the composition. There's a peach tree right there, where I was able to pinch off a few leaves. It's funny how you don't know what will look just right until after you take the shot. It must come with lots and lots of experience.
    The link to the other shots is here.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 28, 2006
    I agree, Snappy, the green leaves are just the right counterpoint of color against the red of the peaches. Very nice lightthumb.gif

I liked your shot of the cherries also, but I think the basket needs to be burned in more, as it is so light that it pulls my eye away from the cherries somewhat.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited July 28, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    I agree, Snappy, the green leaves are just the right counterpoint of color against the red of the peaches. Very nice lightthumb.gif

I liked you shot of the cherries also, but I think the basket needs to be burned in more, as it is so light that it pulls my eye away from the cherries somewhat.

Thanks Pathfinder. I appreciate the comment. I agree that the basket is too bright. It doesn't have the definition that the basket with peaches has. I really should work on that a bit more. I just didn't spend the time with it because I was happier with the peach shot. I took a bunch of shots with different aperture settings for different depth of field. Some were sharper than others. I took them all in RAW though, so I can work on the light and the contrasts. Thanks again for your constructive comments.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited July 28, 2006
    Where's the pie? I like pie.

Wonderful shot.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited July 28, 2006
    ian408 wrote:
    Where's the pie? I like pie.

Wonderful shot.

Thanks Ian. I made a cobbler, but I forgot to take a picture of it before we ate it. Darn! It was real good and looked good too. I guess I'll have to make another one, or maybe a pie next time.