MotoGP NEW PHOTOS ADDED!

F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited July 30, 2006 in Sports
Here are a few more shots and a link to a little gallery of mine.
Thanks for looking and for all the feedback. I really appreciate your input!
http://fotorevs.smugmug.com/gallery/1703886/1/84476210

6) [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canon Mark II, 70-200mm 2.8L (110mm), 1/160 F14 ISO 100[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
84476210-L.jpg

7) [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canon Mark II, 70-200mm 2.8L (200mm), 1/250 F5 ISO 100[/FONT]

84476216-L.jpg

8) [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canon Mark II, 400mm 2.8L (400mm), 1/1600 F4 ISO 100 [/FONT]

84476279-L.jpg

9) [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canon Mark II, 70-200mm 2.8L (73mm), 1/1600 F4 ISO 100 [/FONT]

84476232-L.jpg

10) [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canon Mark II, 70-200mm 2.8 (125mm), 1/200 F11 ISO 100[/FONT]

84476285-L.jpg
Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
www.christophersedgwick.com

Comments

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    All very nice! clap.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Terry66Terry66 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    fantastic
    interesting angles, but they all certainly work well. Awesome shots.....
  • DaddioDaddio Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Excellent work all around. Having been to Laguna before I am amazed at what you were able to get at 200mm and under. You had credentials, right?
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Daddio wrote:
    Excellent work all around. Having been to Laguna before I am amazed at what you were able to get at 200mm and under. You had credentials, right?
    I'm surprised a lens that short was useful too at that track. Judging by what I see on TV there are not very many places you can get close to the track, even with credentials. Not sure I'd want to either. :) I notice your photos on your site don't have very many pixels. Did you have to crop like mad due to a lack of focal length, or is there some other reason the pixel count is low?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Mercphoto wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daddio

I'm surprised a lens that short was useful too at that track. Judging by what I see on TV there are not very many places you can get close to the track, even with credentials. Not sure I'd want to either. :) I notice your photos on your site don't have very many pixels. Did you have to crop like mad due to a lack of focal length, or is there some other reason the pixel count is low?

I was to the right of the riders, shooting through a fence opening in the center of the corkscrew's main turn. The 200 mm was actually too close in some cases!

All of my shots on the SmugMug gallery are 800 Pixels because they are trimmed down to 72 DPI (for easy web loading) and sized to 800 pixels on their longest side. Then I add about 24 pixels for the borders which gives the 824 x ? dimensions. They are cropped quite a bit to provide better compositions but usually only on the panoramics and extreme panning.
    They won't make large posters but I'm really just trying different angles for portfolio work and practice.

Thanks for the compliments and also for the attention to details! I really appreciate the kudos but one of the main reasons I post is to receive the constructive criticism from people such as yourselves; who actually know what your talking about. Impressing someone with very little knowledge of photography is one thing but to receive compliments from people who know what what they're doing is terrific!!
    Cheers,

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    7) [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canon Mark II, 70-200mm 2.8L (200mm), 1/250 F5 ISO 100[/FONT]

84476216-L.jpg
    Fantastic shot. 200 mm only ?!... Great work.
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Terry66Terry66 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    F45 wrote:
    I actually didn't have credentials...I did however go where almost all of the media photogs went just by carying big lenses over my shoulder as well as a vest and waist bags etc. Most of the "gate keepers" only take a quick glance at your lanyard and make sure the right colored cards are in there. I simply added a couple of my own cards and made it look like the media passes. If you walk right up to an obvious media area and you look like you know what your doing, then usually they hold the gate open for you! The key is to act professional, be polite and stay well within the boundaries that they indicate at all times. Same as when you have credentials!

Man, I hope you are joking....it's no wonder the tracks are getting tighter and tighter with creds....
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    F45 wrote:
    All of my shots on the SmugMug gallery are 800 Pixels because they are trimmed down to 72 DPI (for easy web loading) and sized to 800 pixels on their longest side.
    I'm confused.... easy web loading for who? Are you looking for faster upload times to your gallery? Or do you believe what you are doing makes it easier on people who surf your page?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
    edited July 28, 2006
    mercphoto wrote:
    I'm confused.... easy web loading for who? Are you looking for faster upload times to your gallery? Or do you believe what you are doing makes it easier on people who surf your page?
    Hi Mercphoto,

Just easier all around for anything other than printing. I take any shots that will be emailed or posted up on Smugmug (or whatever) and size them way down to make the storage smaller etc. Also, the lesser quality resolution keeps them from being printed out by most people. Digital captures and screen savers etc. will of course be the acception but that's the risk we all take and I doubt we'll ever be able to do much about that!
    Cheers,

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006

84476216-L.jpg
    Fantastic shot. 200 mm only ?!... Great work.

I agree this one standsout for me also. All the shots are great really enjoyed your gallery also.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Very nice! I'm impressed with the motion blur you got at shutter speeds of 160 and 200. Excellent work!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited July 28, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Very nice! I'm impressed with the motion blur you got at shutter speeds of 160 and 200. Excellent work!
    I was a little surprised myself but a couple a guys told about using shutter speeds in that range and so I tried it (all day) to get those!
    It also depends on how close you are to a moving subject and the focal length of your lens.
    Cheers,

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    F45 wrote:
    I was a little surprised myself but a couple a guys told about using shutter speeds in that range and so I tried it (all day) to get those!
    It also depends on how close you are to a moving subject and the focal length of your lens.
    Right. Dunno how much you cropped, but I assume those guys were trucking when you shot 'em.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited July 30, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Right. Dunno how much you cropped, but I assume those guys were trucking when you shot 'em.
    Yeah, they were moving at a good clip and there has been some cropping.
    Cheers,