D2H Image Editing Software

NappaloniaNappalonia Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited July 28, 2006 in Cameras
Dear Dgrin, I need some info for our staff photographer about Nikon software. We've just gone digital in the last 6 months:rofl they've given the guy the camera but no software, they just want him to take pics and submit the cards and let the art department do the rest, but he wants to learn how to download and work on files for his own knowledge.

He is not looking into CS2, he just wants the Nikon software, should I reccomend Nikon Capture 4? Will he be able to basic editing with that, I know that with the canon software (DPP) there's not a whole lot of editing options, so I don't really bother with it. Will Cap. 4 be sufficient, or should I just advise him to go with CS2 that's what I use and I don't have experience with any other software.

Thanks Nikonians!
http://nappalonia.smugmug.com/gallery/580776

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20D :clap
Canon
18-55
85 1.8 :wink
Tamron
28-75 2.8
Sigma
70-300 DG APO Macro
30 1.4:thumb

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Personally, I use CS2 and prefer it over Capture 4. If he is balking at the price, Photoshop Elements 4.0 has the capability of reading RAW NEF files and is really a great deal at a fraction of the cost of CS2. That would be my recommendation if money is a big issue.

Another choice is Nikon's groundbreaking Capture NX. While I don't have experience with this first hand, it's supposed take image processing to a new level with the ability to sample multiple capture points.

He can certainly download trial versions of Nikon's software at NikonUSA.com and then decide. Probably his best option.