Sarah

photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited July 28, 2006 in People
My daughter has been bugging me to do a photo shoot for her and her friends...this is one of the shots...removed the color but left her eyes blue...can you even tell?84022711-M.jpg
Mandi :shay
www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    This is a very lovely shot. I like the pose and depth of field control.

I would remove the colour from the eyes too as they are too small in proportion to the whole image and the selective colouring simply is not noticable.
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    This is a very lovely shot. I like the pose and depth of field control.

I would remove the colour from the eyes too as they are too small in proportion to the whole image and the selective colouring simply is not noticable.
    Thank you, for your comments! I thought that, too about the color in the eyes. It's just that her eyes are such an incredible blue!! But, I guess you can't really tell here...
    Mandi

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    nice shot Mandi - I really like the composition of this one (your daughter, right? very pretty). But, yeah, on my monitor, I wouldn't have noticed you left her eyes blue if you hadn't mentioned it.

cheers,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Sweet shot. She's a very attractive model. I can't tell the color of her eyes, too small. Also, I think the blur on her face is overdone, it's too obvious.

I like the pose, the framing, the bokeh and the B&W, very nice. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited July 28, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Sweet shot. She's a very attractive model. I can't tell the color of her eyes, too small. Also, I think the blur on her face is overdone, it's too obvious.

I like the pose, the framing, the bokeh and the B&W, very nice. thumb.gif

Thanks, Sid...what's bokeh?headscratch.gif The blur on her face...you mean the diffuse glow? She actually loved this shot...so did her mother...she has a face full of freckles(which I think are absolutely adorable) and she likes that they are gone in this photo...
    Mandi

edited July 28, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    nice shot Mandi - I really like the composition of this one (your daughter, right? very pretty). But, yeah, on my monitor, I wouldn't have noticed you left her eyes blue if you hadn't mentioned it.

cheers,

C.
    Actually...it's my daughter's friend...oh my gosh...what does that say about me as a mother?!? I posted my daughter's friend before posting anything of her!!! :cry
    Thank you, for your comments.:D

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    Thanks, Sid...what's bokeh?headscratch.gif The blur on her face...you mean the diffuse glow? She actually loved this shot...so did her mother...she has a face full of freckles(which I think are absolutely adorable) and she likes that they are gone in this photo...
    Mandi

Sorry, slipped into jargon because it's a convenient shorthand. Bokeh is blur created by a narrow depth of field. In your shot, it's the out of focus background, which sets her off nicely.

Yeah, the diffuse glow softens her face, to my eye it's obvious, which to me says it's a bit overdone.

Love removing freckles!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au