Options

watermark help

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited July 30, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Anybody know why my watermark uploaded like this? I followed Andy's instructions.
http://davidson.smugmug.com/gallery/358347/1/84585713

Comments

• Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    Anybody know why my watermark uploaded like this? I followed Andy's instructions.
    http://davidson.smugmug.com/gallery/358347/1/84585713

Ok, I see. Instructions forgot to note that you need to flatten the layers, or maybe I just misread.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Ok, I see. Instructions forgot to note that you need to flatten the layers, or maybe I just misread.
    All set, Richard? ear.gif

:D
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    Hmmm...actually no. I thought it worked, but it makes the watermarked area all white now...I'll figure it out...I'm glad there is the history window in PS.
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    All set, Richard? ear.gif

:D
    OK. I have the standard water mark on ALL my pics. If I creaste a custom watermark do I need to re-water mark ALL my images?
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    OK. I have the standard water mark on ALL my pics. If I creaste a custom watermark do I need to re-water mark ALL my images?
    Yes, you must unwatermark and then rewatermark. Good thing school's out, Anthony :D
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    Hmmm...actually no. I thought it worked, but it makes the watermarked area all white now...I'll figure it out...I'm glad there is the history window in PS.

Ok, I think I get it. It looks funny when I look at it in the gallery, but the smugmug watermark maker tool thing makes it look right.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, you must unwatermark and then rewatermark. Good thing school's out, Anthony :D
    No kidding. But it will keep me busy and keep me from asking any more unanswerable questions for awhile...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    Ok, I think I get it. It looks funny when I look at it in the gallery, but the smugmug watermark maker tool thing makes it look right.
    Right. -O for pngs :D

let me see?
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    Hmmm, it doesn't seem to work with diagonal watermarking
    http://Davidson.smugmug.com/photos/84590544-O.jpg

And no, I don't need to flatten layers...on the first go I clicked the text tool multiple times and made multiple layers without meaning to.

Erm...nevermind, it works...it just doesn't appear to work in the make watermark tool thingy.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    one last one before i try to make my own. 100px x 600px.... good size or too narrow?
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    one last one before i try to make my own. 100px x 600px.... good size or too narrow?
    Sure, go for it! Experiment, too.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Sure, go for it! Experiment, too.
    Sorry. As I was working I thought of one more... will SM adjust WM size for image size? What I'm getting at is that a 800px wide WM is great for large size. But medium image view is only 600px and a portrait is even narrower...
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    I think 600 is good if the biggest thing you show are mediums and you want it to be horizontal. For diagonal I think 800 is a good width. I'm thinking that for diagonal you want to rotate by 30degrees...but I can't tell since watermarking appears to be kinda slow right now. I guess everyone is trying it out.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    What did I do wrong?
    79426960-M-2.jpg

I saved for web as png and flattened image 1st. Used original to creat water mark...

Don't flatten, try "merging visible" and be sure to save as a transparent png
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    Yeah, don't flatten, that was my mistake. You want to keep the background transparent (you'll know it is in CS since if it's transparent the background will be checkered). Also...if you plan on going diagonal, just FYI, rotate CCW by 31 degrees.
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006

Erm...nevermind, it works...it just doesn't appear to work in the make watermark tool thingy.

Thanks, it should work - I will check with Don.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    Can not seem to edit the one(s) I've created...
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    Can not seem to edit the one(s) I've created...

I'll second this... I can't edit them either... ne_nau.gif
    and here I thought it was just me rolleyes1.gif
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    Just to clarify...
    Andy wrote:
    Andy- you actually don't need to remove watermarks first. Just select the "proofed" images and watermark them with a custom watermark. It will automagically make the switch for you. :):
    Sorry. As I was working I thought of one more... will SM adjust WM size for image size? What I'm getting at is that a 800px wide WM is great for large size. But medium image view is only 600px and a portrait is even narrower...
    You may find a way that works better for you, but I make my watermarks so they look good on the large sized image. Then, SmugMug scales it so it looks good on the smaller sizes as well.
    Cindy wrote:
    I'll second this... I can't edit them either... ne_nau.gif
    and here I thought it was just me rolleyes1.gif
    I'm able to edit mine in my control panel just fine. Are your changes not sticking?
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    I click edit, a new page starts to open..... then it all just stops... nothing... it's as if the edit page won't open.
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    Hmm...
    Cindy wrote:
    I click edit, a new page starts to open..... then it all just stops... nothing... it's as if the edit page won't open.

Just to clarify, is this the "edit" link in the control panel? Or the edit button on the next page?

Also, what browser are you using?

Thanks for helping us track this down.

-Anne
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    AnneMBean wrote:
    Just to clarify, is this the "edit" link in the control panel? Or the edit button on the next page?

Also, what browser are you using?

Thanks for helping us track this down.

-Anne

Edit in the control panel works fine and opens this page:
    .../homepage/watermarks.mg
    (I removed the first part of the link just in case I should)

When I click edit &/or delete on that second page is when it starts to open a new page but then just kinda hangs there.

I'm using IE6

No problem. Thank you'll for checking into it clap.gif
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Andy- you actually don't need to remove watermarks first. Just select the "proofed" images and watermark them with a custom watermark. It will automagically make the switch for you. :):

d'0h!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    Any of you still not able to edit your watermarks? I've just re-checked, IE6, FF, and Safari, contolpanel>edit>change it, rename it, etc, save is working fine for me.

If you are experiencing any troubles let us know.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Any of you still not able to edit your watermarks? I've just re-checked, IE6, FF, and Safari, contolpanel>edit>change it, rename it, etc, save is working fine for me.

If you are experiencing any troubles let us know.

Andy, for me, in Firefox and Safari (Mac), I cannot edit or delete via Control Panel. Let's me click on the button, but then takes me to a page like this:

84636666-M.jpg
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 29, 2006
    x2
    bygates wrote:
    Andy, for me, in Firefox and Safari (Mac), I cannot edit or delete via Control Panel. Let's me click on the button, but then takes me to a page like this:

84636666-M.jpg
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    x2
    VERY Strange. Try logging out, clearing all cookies / cache etc? I'm able to see yours and Barbs, and edit.

I'll report, no matter what - incase it's some permission related thing.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    VERY Strange. Try logging out, clearing all cookies / cache etc? I'm able to see yours and Barbs, and edit.

I'll report, no matter what - incase it's some permission related thing.

Cleared cookies, cache, etc., and still get the same thing. Things that go bump in the night :D
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    OK I logged in as a user, not Admin and experienced the same. I've made sure Onethumb knows, we'll get on it asap thanks for your patience guys.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2006
    I too can neither empty nor delete. Attempting to do so gives me this screen (I got to control panel, then click the edit button next to the number of watermarks, then click either the edit or delete button next to any of the watermarks, and this is the screen I get)
    84642881-S.jpg
    Richard