Options

Photo Logo

photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited July 29, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
Can someone tell me if there are "rules" about placing logos on a photos...:scratch Just wondering what everyone else does.
Thank you to any one who responds
Mandi
www.mandraleephotography.com
Mandi :shay

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited July 29, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    Can someone tell me if there are "rules" about placing logos on a photos...headscratch.gif Just wondering what everyone else does.
    Thank you to any one who responds
    Mandi

Do you mean watermarking a photo?

If so, no problem. You can put them on your photos.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    ian408 wrote:
    Do you mean watermarking a photo?

If so, no problem. You can put them on your photos.

No,...wait...is placing your logo on a photo, watermarking them? I thought watermarking was where "proof" is across the photo...I mean my logo, MandraLee Photography 2006 at the bottom corner of a photo. Are there any "rules", not on DG or SM but, "out there"...are there "rules" or guidelines to follow in doing this? I had a d-grinner say, "if I had you take a photo of my kid or dog or whatever, I'd want a clean photo...no logos."
    I'm just wondering if there are any unwritten rules about this.
    Mandi
    Mandi :shay

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
  • Options
    JBurtJBurt Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    No formal rules that I know of. My graduation pictures from... mmmm... way before digital, have the studio's logo in the lower right corner. Formal family portraits even have the photographer's name on them.

I would say it is a matter of what you feel comfortable with.
    Most of my custom work is digitally signed with a copy of my signing signature. I'm going to start using the new backprinting feature for all my smugmug prints.

NOTE: When signing prints, don't use the same signature you use to sign checks or legal documents.

Tell them you would be willing to leave it off for a price. mwink.gif
    Tis sometimes better to be a big fish in a small pond than to be shark bait.

http://jburtphotos.com
    http://jburtphotos.smugmug.com
    Basic but makin' changes