Batterygrip with AA NIMH. How many pictures?

VikingViking Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited July 30, 2006 in Cameras
Hello. Im going to start a photography school in very northen norway in next month and I need to get some more battery power to my Great Nikon D200. Im thinking pof getting a Battery grip, and use NIMH batterys in it. I want to know how many pictures I can take with the NIMH batterys in the grip!

Thanks and have a very nice day.

Comments

• VikingViking Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    This forum is filled of evil Canon users!! headscratch.gif

Is it just me who is Nikon user? :)
  • KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    I'm not sure as to how many shots you can get from an attached battery pack. My experience with NIMH batteries have been very good. They are cheaper now and you can get 2750 Ma batteries at Walmart for 14.95 for a pack of 8 :D .
    I have used 2500Ma (4) for my Sigma 500 flash and have goten well over 200 flashes without any significant delay.
    With NIMH batteriey, you must remember that they do not have a long shelf life. So if you charge them a week in advance they will have lost about 50% of their power.They are able to provide tremendous power for long periods of time while being used. They just do not have a long shelf life.They have no memory so to speak and you can always top them off without any trouble.
    I would get several chargers so you can charge eight to twelve batteries if needed at one time. Personally, I would stay away from the 15 minute and one hour chargers. They will eventually burn out the battery from such a rapid charge. Also the charge is not as efficient as a longer charge.
    There are lots of very good chargers on the market. However, they generally are expensive and given the price of batteries now I would just go with the cheap 14 hour chargers.
    Hope this helps.
    Bob