hip-hop concert shots! what do you guys & gals think?

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited July 30, 2006 in Holy Macro
I think a couple of you have seen some of my concert photography. Yes, my style is out of the blue and definitely not normal :rofl, but please bear with it lol. I'm trying to capture the mood of the crowd in most of the photos. Other times I'll be after really sharp shots full of contrast. I took these with a Sony F828 and an ancient Canon Speedlight on manual. Drop me your inputs! Bad or Good, I'm getting used to receiving both. haha.

http://pnoise.com/thirdeye/v/Events/HipHopSoulInvasionTour/

A few for you to look through and preview before hitting up the gallery:

DSC09088.jpg

DSC09123.jpg

DSC09023.jpg

DSC09265.jpg

thanks!

Comments

• AndymanAndyman Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    Looks like it was a tough room to photograph - a dark room with low, white ceilings.

The first one you posted would be awesome if the guitarist had a better expression. I like the 4th one you posted, and also this one:

DSC09080.jpg
    Nikon D50
    Tamron AF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD
    Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical
    Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor
    Nikon SB-800 Speedlight
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    I think a couple of you have seen some of my concert photography. Yes, my style is out of the blue and definitely not normal rolleyes1.gif, but please bear with it lol. I'm trying to capture the mood of the crowd in most of the photos. Other times I'll be after really sharp shots full of contrast. I took these with a Sony F828 and an ancient Canon Speedlight on manual. Drop me your inputs! Bad or Good, I'm getting used to receiving both. haha.

http://pnoise.com/thirdeye/v/Events/HipHopSoulInvasionTour/

A few for you to look through and preview before hitting up the gallery:

thanks!

Heyyyyyy they look pretty dang cool to me nod.gif
    Yep that Sony F828 is one pretty snazzy Cam ain't it :D

You certainly captured the Mood ..... looks like it was a great night.
    Thanks for sharing........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    hey thanks for your inputs skippy and andy. ;)

its all about timing, you get lucky with the face expressions, the only constant are the crowds reaction, everyones always smiling so its easy to catch them. the rooms are always darker than usual!..so i always shoot with a flashgun in hand. anyway, the bands and i were happy with them. so yea!

yeah the f828 is a great but very odd camera. it behaves very differently from the normal dSLRs in some ways better or for worse. but i'm learning to get around and get the best out of it.

i'll keep doing more, i think with every concert i shoot i do better overall. thanks again for your inputs.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    iloveyou.gif Great Job even in difficult situation
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Despite the expression of the guitarist, I love the first one... love the energy in it.

Jamie