Shots from a workshop

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited July 31, 2006 in Holy Macro
Went to a workshop on saturday, you can see more details [thread=39265]here[/thread]. These are the macro shots I got. I'm pretty happy with what I got. The butterfly was a captive from the butterfly house they have. Thanks for looking.

84751425-L.jpg

84751528-L.jpg

84796683-L.jpg

84797132-L.jpg
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Went to a workshop on saturday, you can see more details [thread=39265]here[/thread]. These are the macro shots I got. I'm pretty happy with what I got. The butterfly was a captive from the butterfly house they have. Thanks for looking.

Hi there Nick........ you got a good variety there mate :D
    I think the only Butterflies I'm gonna get will be in the Butterfly House too ne_nau.gif it's not our fault if we can't find them in the open now is it rolleyes1.gif

I like the water droplets on the spiders web, they always remind me of pearl necklaces ..... glad you had a good time Nick .... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Wonderful shots really loved them all are great
    Great colors
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Cool,glad it worked for you.
    Nice series.
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    The second macro of the dragonfly makes me mad. Why? Because I spent 20 minutes last week trying to get one... the fly didn't move the whole time, so I should have gotten a great shot, right? Nope... the best shot I got was 5% as good as yours... barely a "snap". Excellent job!

The contrast on the first one is excellent! Love how dark the background is.

Jamie
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    JamieC wrote:
    The second macro of the dragonfly makes me mad. Why? Because I spent 20 minutes last week trying to get one... the fly didn't move the whole time, so I should have gotten a great shot, right? Nope... the best shot I got was 5% as good as yours... barely a "snap". Excellent job!

The contrast on the first one is excellent! Love how dark the background is.

Jamie
    Thanks Jamie. Show us your shots of your damselfly. Even if you don't like them maybe we can help you for the next time you go out.

On the first one. I saw the web with dew and then tried many different angles before I found one that had the dark background. The web was backlit so I looked for a dark background and found a stand of trees that would work out so that is the shot I took. One of the things Todd stressed at the workshop was to try different angles. Even a move of a foot or less can make your background work out better.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    B-Fly thumb.gif
  • bigpixbigpix Registered Users Posts: 371 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    butter fly would be my pick
    Cheers...... Big Pix
    Lake Macquarie NSW Australia