Dialing back time

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited August 1, 2006 in Holy Macro
I came across this still-life homage to earlier days and couldn't resist a snap. What do you think?

84821730-L.jpg

here's the original:

84821854-L.jpg

Comments

• DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Excellent composition and just enough depth to make out the gas pump -well done! clap.gif
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Angelo wrote:
    I came across this still-life homage to earlier days and couldn't resist a snap. What do you think?
    here's the original:

Hi Angelo........ I like both versions, the B&W makes it look more aged, but I like the warmth in the colour version too :D Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    loved both version is colored i got chance to see how it was seen by people in Past thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 30, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    Excellent composition and just enough depth to make out the gas pump -well done! clap.gif

thank you
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    I know you didn't ask for a critique, and maybe it's just because I only discovered the cloning tool yesterday, but I would consider cloning out the modern cars in the background and go for a 100% nostalgic shot. I do love the shot though.. the lighting in it is especially good.

Jamie
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 30, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Angelo........ I like both versions, the B&W makes it look more aged, but I like the warmth in the colour version too :D Skippy (Australia)

Thanks Skip. The warm, golden afternoon sun was very helpful.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    This is so frustrating!headscratch.gif

I can't see the picture. I've been trying to see your shots for a week or so and can't see any of them. Not the challenge pics either. Actually, there were two that I couldn't see in the challenge. I thought it was a fluke, but it's been going on for a while now.

I'm using Firefox on a windows machine. I see all the other pictures.

Sorry I can't comment on your stuff. If anyone has any ideas, please help.:cry
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    If it's any help trying to identify your issue, I see em in Firefox under Linux. One thing I do on other sites is block images so I don't have to download annoying avatars... sometimes this means blocking something I didn't mean to. To see if this is your issue, go to preferences then content, and next to the "load images" checkbox there is a button marked exceptions. Click it, and be sure angelo.smugmug.com is not blocked.

Jamie
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Nice shot, I prefer the color one though......