My Reason

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited August 7, 2006 in People
This is probably the best capture (yeah, I know - what's that say about most of my captures?) of my reason. When someone asks me why I do anything, this is my reason and has been for more than 25 years.

We were on a "three rivers tour" near Talkeetna, AK. I was getting bored on the return leg and thought about how my wife was well seperated from the background. I got two captures. This is, IMO, the better of the two as it does a better job of giving a look into her personality. She is trying so hard not to smile and/or laugh. Right after this was captured, she did start smiling pretty good.

84882504-M.jpg

As always, C&C are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Whether intended or not, she has a cute little mischevious look to her. It gives the pic personality. thumb.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    Thats better! now I can see her eyes and personality! For me, and what do I know (not much) I think I would have done a tight crop on the left and croppped a lot of the right as well but leaving her room to breath.
    Nice shot.
    :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    lynnma wrote:
    Thats better! now I can see her eyes and personality! For me, and what do I know (not much) I think I would have done a tight crop on the left and croppped a lot of the right as well but leaving her room to breath.
    Nice shot.
    :D
    Are you thinking something more like this. If so, I think I agree with you. If not, take a copy of it, crop it as you would if it were yours and post it. I'm interested in your opinion.

84918584-M.jpg
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    I love the shot...is it my monitor or is there something dark above her lip?
    And, I love love love the hat....just an observation.clap.gif
    Mandi :shay
    www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
    edited August 5, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    I love the shot...is it my monitor or is there something dark above her lip?
    And, I love love love the hat....just an observation.clap.gif
    Yeah, there's something there - happens to a lot of ladies as they ... ehm ... mature. I fixed it up a bit (ain't photoshop great!)

86178376-M.jpg

The hat is something I picked up a day or two earlier in a street market in Anchorage. Believe it or not, the hat was made in Australia (made from kangaroo leather).
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Yeah, there's something there - happens to a lot of ladies as they ... ehm ... mature.

Forgive me...
    Mandi :shay
    www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
    edited August 7, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    Yeah, there's something there - happens to a lot of ladies as they ... ehm ... mature.

Forgive me...
    No worries. You pointed out something that needed to be corrected, especially as I'm planning to blow this up to 8x10 or better to put my wall of favorite photos.

Again, thanks for pointing that out.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 7, 2006
    Did you tour the Nelchina River / Glacier as well? In 1995 I walked up the Nelchina River valley, up the glacier over the top of the Chugach Range along the Science Glacier and then came back down the Matanuska. Great trip.