Watermark Help Please

xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited August 1, 2006 in Finishing School
Every thing looks good til I click ok in save for web. I start with a trans. page to create the watermark as in the help info. And go to save to web as png-24 and chech the trans. box and click ok. When viewed in the orginizer the image has a white back ground as below. When i open image in edit it has a trans. back groud. I am not sure what to try from here. :dunno
84882286-M.jpg
xtnomad :wink

Comments

• SugarloafurSugarloafur Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    What software are you using to create this image? I make watermarks in Paint Shop Pro, and simply start transparent, and save as PNG, and it works fine...
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    I use PS El4.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    I use PS El4.

Here's a suggestion, open up two browser windows follow the instructions on the help page, all the way through, including the loading to your account.

While I was doing my first one I had serious doubts that it was working, but it did. The watermark doesn't look much like anything in the gallery I saved it in, but it shows up just like I created it. In fact I have made like 4, trying to decide which is my favorite.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    Be sure you are working on a trasparent background. (Grey/white checkerboard like in my tutorial). Be sure that if you are using layers, to merge visible not flatten. Be sure you are using transparent png-24.

Let us know!
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Thank You Andy and jeffro, i have tried several times to go thru the help and your sugestions. I am having the same problem in adding a logo to photos and think they are the same problem. I am going to look for some one on one help. And both problems can be addressed at once. The logo has priority. I love the dd and sold 11 photos on the first day. Hope this is a trend to be continued. Thank You. Rod thumb.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    Thank You Andy and jeffro, i have tried several times to go thru the help and your sugestions. I am having the same problem in adding a logo to photos and think they are the same problem. I am going to look for some one on one help. And both problems can be addressed at once. The logo has priority. I love the dd and sold 11 photos on the first day. Hope this is a trend to be continued. Thank You. Rod thumb.gif
    Rod, I'm your one-on-one help :D

Your file http://rtm-ltd.smugmug.com/photos/84882286-O.jpg is not actually a png. It's a jpg. So walk me thru the steps you are using to save it in PSE4 please ear.gif