challenge 70: Contrast on many levels

DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited August 6, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
New to the group and thought I'd try out this challenge. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. We have contrast on new/old, color/bw and shadow/light. There is a lot going on in the photo, too much? Dizzy

85011881-L.jpg

Comments

• sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    I like it clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    def has a lot of contrast, im interested on how the original image looks like without the inverse-color applied to it.

and im not sure if its a subconscious idea you made but i like the 'new person' on dgrin submitting his/her first entry with the word 'new' on it. ;)

def turn it in. just remember, the largest size on any side has too be 800px and no more than 150kb. i made that mistake in my first time too!

good luck!
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    def has a lot of contrast, im interested on how the original image looks like without the inverse-color applied to it.

and im not sure if its a subconscious idea you made but i like the 'new person' on dgrin submitting his/her first entry with the word 'new' on it. ;)

def turn it in. just remember, the largest size on any side has too be 800px and no more than 150kb. i made that mistake in my first time too!

good luck!

Thank you for your post, I'm glad that you like it:D . (The 'new' was purely accidental) I did go back and check the size on the photo as well as in the rules. I think it will be fine...it's just a little taller and skinnier than most. It comes in at 493 width by 600 length, and I believe that fits the requirments, right? Again thanks for the feedback, I sure want to do this right.:): Dizzy
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    thumb.gif Liked it welcome to the forum
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    I think it works Dizzy. Nicely done and welcome to Dgrin!

Erich
    edited August 2, 2006
    Thanks
    My thanks to those who commented and welcomed me to the forum. It's been a long time since I've been able to be a part of a group for photographic discussion and I think I'm going to like it here:D . THX - Dizzy, one of the spinnindragons.
  • ChuckMChuckM Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    I really like it. A few thoughts...

Maybe crop it a little tighter to cut out some of the background. Maybe that will emphasize the edges of the sign a little more to show the "contrast". ne_nau.gif I love the concept.
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    i like the image and colurs/contrast...
    but i cant for my life figure ut what it is??...probably just me..mwink.gif
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    retro wrote:
    i like the image and colurs/contrast...
    but i cant for my life figure ut what it is??...probably just me..mwink.gif

neither can I :D , but I still like it and think it's a worthy entry.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
    edited August 6, 2006
    what is it?
    adrian_k wrote:
    neither can I :D , but I still like it and think it's a worthy entry.

Thank you Adrian and retro...it is truly the best compliment I can get from someone to say that they don't know what the picture is but they like it.:D This is an old jewelry store sign in the city I live in. It is Newtons Jewerly and the old neon sign says Newtons. If you check out my art gallery you can see a little more of the sign, unfortunately I didn't shoot a full shot of the sign. I guess it's a personal preference not to shoot the whole of something like this, I like my parts.:):

Dizzy