Anti-War Protest

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited August 2, 2006 in People
I took some photographs of an Israeli Lebanon anti-war protest.

I will not post the article or the images here, but I do want to share the photography with you. If you are interested and due to the nature of the post which may rise some strong responses I ask for two things:

Remember this is a photo journalistic account and I do not condone or endorse the event or the message !!!

1. if you would like to comment on them, place these comments on my page not hrere!
2. I do not want a political debate, hold your views to yourself as I do. Comments on photography only

http://www.digital-photo.com.au/2006/07/31/israel-lebanon-war-protest/

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 31, 2006
    hey i posted on the your forum..:D
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    OK, now I get it!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Hey Ted ... can you speed up your site .. it is driving me crazy.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    My server is hosted in USA, and I get reasonable performace per $ I can afford. I don't know why it is slow for you.

Can anyone else confirm that it is slow? If it is that bad I will seek a new hosting provider.
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Hey Ted ... can you speed up your site .. it is driving me crazy.

Gary
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Ted- Been on your site with different computers ... every time the photo comes in at a snails pace. In the past I just get tired and often just moved on. Maybe I have ants in my pants (a US term) and lack patience ... but to me it is pretty slow.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Shocking. The responses you got were so out of line. Just because you photographed a protest doesn't mean you side with the protesters. Just because you used a long lens - doesn't make you a coward.

Rather good pj photos, IMHO. And no -- I don't agree with the pov of the protesters either -- but I do appreciate good photography.

Lee
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    OK, my hosting guys verified the server and there is nothing wrong with it and the connectivity is top notch. There could be a couple of other factors:
    1. my images tend to be bigger than most at 800x600, thus their download size is also bigger than most photos show here.

2. because my site is a blog it interacts with number of third party servers, perhaps that may affect the page performance. I'll try to do some benchmarking tonight with these services turned on and off.

Seefutlung wrote:
    Ted- Been on your site with different computers ... every time the photo comes in at a snails pace. In the past I just get tired and often just moved on. Maybe I have ants in my pants (a US term) and lack patience ... but to me it is pretty slow.

Gary
  • AlkhemistAlkhemist Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    Ted, checked out your shots on your site—great pics. Left a reply. As for your site response time, I accessed your site with my laptop using a CDMA card (faster than dial-up, not as fast as DSL) and the images loaded very quickly!
    Allen M.
    Allen M.
    Alkhemist
    www.alkhemist.smugmug.com

"Photography is a medium of formidable contradictions. It is ridiculously easy and almost impossibly difficult." Edward Steichen
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    Great photos loved PJ even on 40K dialup thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery