Options

using my own domain name

GoGoGoGo Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited August 6, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
How do I use my own domain name?
I want to be able to use my URL and open my smugmug page, is this possible?
I have a pro user account here.
Thanks,
GoGo

Giorgio

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    GoGo wrote:
    How do I use my own domain name?
    I want to be able to use my URL and open my smugmug page, is this possible?
    I have a pro user account here.
    Thanks,
    GoGo
    wave.gif hi GoGo :D

Indeed it is: http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

It's all in that link, if you have any questions on how exactly to do it, after reading our help page, just ask right here, we'll be happy to help!

All the best,
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    thanks
    Thanks Andy.
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif hi GoGo :D

Indeed it is: http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

It's all in that link, if you have any questions on how exactly to do it, after reading our help page, just ask right here, we'll be happy to help!

All the best,

Giorgio
  • Options
    James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Just out of curiosity what is your website address now. Just like to look at other smugmuggers when I get a chance.

And whne I set mine own domain up it was super easy after reading the help page.
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    Did IT.
    I did it, myself!
    giorgioniro.com , check it out?
    Quick, huh?
    Thanks again,
    G
    rex wrote:
    Just out of curiosity what is your website address now. Just like to look at other smugmuggers when I get a chance.

And whne I set mine own domain up it was super easy after reading the help page.

Giorgio
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    GoGo wrote:
    I did it, myself!
    giorgioniro.com , check it out?
    Quick, huh?
    Thanks again,
    G
    clap.gif and, wave.gif to another NYer
  • Options
    wiredcurwiredcur Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    I'm gonna hope on this thread. I've read the help and instructions for setting up an CNAME entry on my GoDaddy account. (Loved the level of detail Smugsmug's Help clap.gif).

I'm attempting to setup a photos alias, for instance photos.wiredcur.net would point to my smugmug page (wiredcur.smugmug.com). Do I create the aliat to point to my smugmug page URL or to the www.smugmug.com URL like the instructions say?

I've tried it both ways and I get the same error when submitting photos.wiredcur.net in the domain setting;
    That hostname doesn't appear to be valid. It doesn't resolve to a hostname. See our help section on custom hostnames.

Am I missing something? Or should I not be using my alias in the hostname field?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    wiredcur wrote:
    I'm gonna hope on this thread. I've read the help and instructions for setting up an CNAME entry on my GoDaddy account. (Loved the level of detail Smugsmug's Help clap.gif).

I'm attempting to setup a photos alias, for instance photos.wiredcur.net would point to my smugmug page (wiredcur.smugmug.com). Do I create the aliat to point to my smugmug page URL or to the www.smugmug.com URL like the instructions say?

I've tried it both ways and I get the same error when submitting photos.wiredcur.net in the domain setting;
    That hostname doesn't appear to be valid. It doesn't resolve to a hostname. See our help section on custom hostnames.

Am I missing something? Or should I not be using my alias in the hostname field?

Thanks!!

Note that setting up or adding a new CNAME record may take up to 3 days to propagate. This means that up to 3 days you could be getting 'host-name not found' or similar messages.

PS: I tried your address "photos.wiredcur.net". It forwards me to "wiredcur.smugmug.com". Do you want this?
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    wiredcurwiredcur Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Note that setting up or adding a new CNAME record may take up to 3 days to propagate. This means that up to 3 days you could be getting 'host-name not found' or similar messages.

PS: I tried your address "photos.wiredcur.net". It forwards me to "wiredcur.smugmug.com". Do you want this?

Thanks. That makes sense. And it seems to be working now. That's exactly what I was looking for it to do.