Search engine suggestions

AdamchaAdamcha Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 1, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have been a member here on smugmug since early january and my time here has been great. I have two ideas that I think may be beneficial to this website. One, when you do a search for a term or a keyword, the first results page gives you the option of user, gallery, and photos matching your search term. When you select the one you wish to search, I would love to have the option to order my search results by date or date posted. Two, I think being able to search by camera type would be useful too. Pbase has this feature, and I used it as a reference while camera shopping. This feature could also connect you to other users here who use the same equipment as you! I hope that my ideas may hold some value and be considered in future site upgrades. Thank you.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Adamcha wrote:
    I have been a member here on smugmug since early january and my time here has been great. I have two ideas that I think may be beneficial to this website. One, when you do a search for a term or a keyword, the first results page gives you the option of user, gallery, and photos matching your search term. When you select the one you wish to search, I would love to have the option to order my search results by date or date posted. Two, I think being able to search by camera type would be useful too. Pbase has this feature, and I used it as a reference while camera shopping. This feature could also connect you to other users here who use the same equipment as you! I hope that my ideas may hold some value and be considered in future site upgrades. Thank you.

Thanks Adam, for the suggestions thumb.gif

wave.gif and welcome, to Dgrin!